Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
holters and which to go with >

holters and which to go with

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

holters and which to go with

Old 11-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default holters and which to go with

Waiting for my CCW permit

I need two or well want two holsters. One a belt holster the second a shoulder holster.
I am planning on going with my glock 21 till I get me a 1911 or a rev

I want both because I am a big guy and do not always wear a shirt besides a t shirt that would allow the concealment of a shoulder rig, but also do not always have a belt on, so I want options.

WHich of each would you recommend?
Old 11-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ohh not looking to break the bank something around 50 bucks each is ok, also I am a big guy 6'5 475 pound so I need a big shoulder rig, my dad had one a few years back that adjusted to fit me so I know I can get one
Old 11-29-2010, 05:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't think he makes shoulder rigs, but, this guy is a buddy of mine and makes first rate IWB and OWB rigs Might be a little over your budget, but, my experience has been that you get what you pay for. J.B. is a "plus size" guy as well, so he should be able to recommend something that suits you...

http://tuckerholsters.com/index.php
Old 11-29-2010, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holster is not the place to skimp. It needs to be comfortable and user friendly. Durable as well.

Tom

Last edited by statjunk; 11-29-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Spike

Crossbreed SuperTuck. Best CC holster on the market in my opinion.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Spike

I like shoulder holsters, but they really restrict you as far as clothing. Wearing a decent sizedd gun is difficult to conceal with them. I only do the shoulder holster in cooler weather when I'll have a jacket on all the time.

For myself I wouldn't go any cheaper than something like a Galco Miami Classic which is what I have. I've tried cheaper rigs and they're uncomfortable really quick.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:49 AM
Spike

I would recommend you to visit GunHolsterPro.com. They offer all types of Beretta Holsters, Glock Holsters, Ruger Holsters, Smith & Wesson Holsters, Taurus Holsters. I'm sure you'll find something meeting your requirements.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

Either Comp-Tac or the Crossbreed imo for a belt holster. Two of the best choices for CC. I'd just pick which one you think looks better as they seem pretty similar in the quality. I personally like the Comp-Tac as you can buy just extra bodies for different guns so it's a little cheaper if you are going to want to carry multiple guns in the same holster.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

De Santis is my favorite holster. They are top quality and half the price of Galco. I just bought one for my 1911, it was 53 bucks. I also have one for my Sigma. I like them the best because they have a tension screw. You can make your weapon easy or hard to draw or any where in between. Hard to beat for the money.

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 03-10-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out Simply Rugged holsters by Rob Leheay. Good stuff, reasonably priced.