Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
new Ruger Redhawk >

new Ruger Redhawk

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

new Ruger Redhawk

Old 03-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

While I agree that the DA pull is very smooth on a Redhawk, it uses the same type lockwork as the Security Six series. In fact the redhawks use 1 spring for mainspring and trigger return. It's the same spring. I have a old .41 magnum myself and when polished up with a Wolff spring kit the DA pull is VERY light & smooth.

Originally Posted by MinnFinn
Ruger wheel guns in general and Redhawk in particular are very strong action, barrel pistols. I own a .44 Mag Redhawk in 4" barrel with Hogue grips. I like shooting it a lot. I have no problems shooting it up near the max recommended loads for 300 gr. hard cast with H110 powder.
Also, a G100 .357 Mag.
I think if they made Super Redhawk in a shorter barrel like 4" I buy one. They have a separate spring for trigger and hammer, which might make the trigger pull a little smoother in dble action mode.
If you have concerns about any batch of any particular manufacturer's batch of a model might have had an issue, contact their support and give them the serial number.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

I have owned a .44 magnum Super Redhawk 7.5" for over 20 years and can say I have complete faith in the barrel. I have put some really heavy loads through mine with no problems.