Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington 700 question >

Remington 700 question

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington 700 question

Old 02-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

Question for you Sendero owners. Remington claims they are their most accurate rifle outta da box. Are they sub 1 inch guns out of the box with good glass?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Spike

Right on guys....I think Im ready to take the plunge and buy my first rifle. I keep going back and forth between the rem 700 and the Savage 111 and been torn between the two, but I just have to tell myself that this is only my first rifle. Not my last. And from what I gather I cant go wrong with either of 'em.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Cajun
Question for you Sendero owners. Remington claims they are their most accurate rifle outta da box. Are they sub 1 inch guns out of the box with good glass?
Speaking for my rifle only I can only offer you this. My Sendero is a first generation 1997 pre-j lock in .300 Win mag. I shoot almost exclusively Sierra 180 gr. BTSPs ahead of a stiff load of 4350 and lit with Fed 215GMM. This combination in this rifle is so easy to shoot well it is boring. It is the most accurate factory barreled rifle I own or have ever owned. This would include several varmint chamberings in some pretty decent guns.

It has a cushy recoil pad on it and it weighs over 12 lbs. full up. Makes it a *****cat to shoot. Mine wears a Burris Signature 3x9 40mm. It most certainly has far more range than we take advantage of but for the 500 yd. shot it is a first choice...I don't shoot alot of paper but it is most definitely a sub MOA rifle.

Said rifle with my 12 year old son and his first elk. 240 yd. shot DRT

Last edited by skb2706; 02-10-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

My BDL 300 saum was syn and SS with a hinged floor plate.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Cajun
I have one of the first Senderos built, made when they came out of Remingtons custom shop. It is a 300 RUM, and is without a doubt THE MOST accurate factory built rifle I have ever shot. At 100 yards you will think you only hit the target once, the rest go in the same hole. I have shot some 1000 yard ranges with this rifle, it is very competitive with some of the high dollar customs I have been arround. As far as the late model Senderos, I dont know, they are production guns that are not built by the custom shop, but I would imagine that Remington has made sure that they live up to the standards set by the original Senderos.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
senduro's started production in 1994, 300 RUM wasn't introduced till 1999 so couldn't have been one of the first senduro's built. just FYI
RR
Maybe I should have worded it different, it was one the first 300 Ultra Mags built in that gun. It was Built by Remingtons Custom shop, not a production line gun.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've never shot a Sendero, but my PSS is a true 1/2" gun all day long...its glass bedded, but shot the same before bedding...
Old 02-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Spike

Default Buying on line?

Buying on line has its own issues. First and foremost you must have an FFL dealer who is willing to receive your order and process the paperwork. If I read your post correctly all you have is a chain store. Be careful.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:36 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by the jigger
Buying on line has its own issues. First and foremost you must have an FFL dealer who is willing to receive your order and process the paperwork. If I read your post correctly all you have is a chain store. Be careful.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!!

Yes mostly chain stores, but I just found out about the www.bayareagunvault.com close to my work and on their website they say its 35 dollars for private party transfers so Im gonna go down there today and see first off if they have the rifle I want at a decent price, and if not then I will most likely buy from buds and have it shipped to them.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by largeli
Yes mostly chain stores, but I just found out about the www.bayareagunvault.com close to my work and on their website they say its 35 dollars for private party transfers so Im gonna go down there today and see first off if they have the rifle I want at a decent price, and if not then I will most likely buy from buds and have it shipped to them.

You may want to ask if they can order the gun you want. If they can get it, you may save some money in shipping and transfers. Usually a transfer fee is waived when you buy a gun from the shop that would be doing the transfer if you bought it from someone else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.