Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Aftermarket barrels?  Which one to pick??? >

Aftermarket barrels? Which one to pick???

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Aftermarket barrels? Which one to pick???

Old 01-20-2011, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

So are you guys gonna limit it to only the members on this site ? cause once theres $$$$$$$ involved they'll be coming out of the woodwork!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gunnermhr
Girls, I want to play too, There is a range in Central PA, Mifflin County Sportmens. Their range goes to a 1000 yards, you can post paper targets every 100 yards out to 500 on club backers and one at a 1000. Every hundred yards from 500 to a 1000 are steel gongs, you can use you own backers at any distance. I flat out don't have the money to fly out to Idaho but you claim you have the money to come here. I'm also not going to say that I can out shoot anyone here but after the dust settles then we can honestly say who has it and who doesn't. I certainly don't want to risk one of my guns either but I like the cash idea. Lets keep it realistic, anyone that wants to enter, $50 a target at each distance they want to shoot. Sounds interesting to me. Heck 10 guys show up, we shoot 10 targets and you win it all you're walking with $5000. Probably pay for a plane ticket. I really like 10 shot groups but skinny barrels don't, so lets say 5 shot groups, 5 sighters and 5 for group, 10 minute time limit for each distance. The only limitation is NO Auto or Semi Auto.
I have been wanting to shoot at this range. I am 2.5 hours away. I guess the only way to shoot is to join? Price is real affordable.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

They upped the cost this year to $50 for an individual and $60 for a family, so it's still affordable. You are allowed to shoot 50 BMG's there, not that i have one but they do allow it. It's a real nice range and for the most part everyone that goes there is personable.

Last edited by gunnermhr; 01-20-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gunnermhr
They upped the cost this year to $50 for an individual and $60 for a family, so it's still afforadble. You are allowed to shoot 50 BMG's there, not that i have one but they do allow it. It's a real nice range and for the most part everyone that goes there is personable.
It might be worth it with all the extras they have. My range charges 45 dollars a year, and no gongs, nothing past 200 yards. Even if I only went 3 times a year.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

They upped the cost this year to $50 for an individual and $60 for a family, so it's still affordable. You are allowed to shoot 50 BMG's there, not that i have one but they do allow it. It's a real nice range and for the most part everyone that goes there is personable.
Affordable is right.... Incredibly affordable.

Good Lord it would be so very nice if there was a range around here that a person could join for a measly $50 per year and be able to shoot at 1000 yards. You guys that have a range like this don't know how good you got it. Be very very thankful.

Here in NW Florida we have two public ranges that cost $10 per visit. One is 100 yards and the other is 200 yards. The two private clubs are $250 and is only 200 yards and the other is $95 for a family and is only 130 yards long.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I guess the ball is in fritz's court so to speak. He has not posted on this thread since the 16th. Maybe he is booking his flight, rental vehicle and hotel room.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

My club is 125$ with work hours, 250$ without, range is 200 yds longest one around I know of , we also got a nice trap range and some crappy land to hunt.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is why I seldom venture here anymore.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

AJ,

Could you be a little more specific ?
Old 01-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Well I guess the ball is in fritz's court so to speak. He has not posted on this thread since the 16th. Maybe he is booking his flight, rental vehicle and hotel room.
I will be headed that way this summer, this is my busiest time of year, we have alot of major projects going right now, go to the taxidermy thread and see for yourself. I am going to Florida this summer to do some off shore fishing. I will see you boys then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.