Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
it was about time >

it was about time

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

it was about time

Old 12-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default it was about time

I applied for my CCW permit the 7th of nov, I called the 7th of dec, and was told it would take 3 months

I called monday to see the cash date for my money order and when the 12 weeks date started, I was told my permit had been approved and mailed monday.

I got it today, 1400 miles from where I am as I am in florida, so will be getting it next week, and given our move to florida this week, will be applying for a florida permit.

My understanding is if you have an out of state permit you do not need to take the handgun class here in florida. IS that true? I see no reason to drop 100 bucks for nothing I do not already know. Though the local shop said the waiting time is 2 weeks here so not like it will take to much longer.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

just don't come to NJ or NYC, that Florida permit is worthless
Old 12-31-2010, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I posted this before but I think its astounding enough to repeat.... it has now been 9 months since I purchased, yes purchased the forms from the orange countyNY sheriffs dept. for my pistol permit application and its been a full 7 months since my "interview" (which is a formal review of my application by a LEO before it is sent to the judge) . Still waiting ....and waiting...and waiting.....hmm im thinking I may get to use the handgun I was required to buy,an list on the application, in time for the 20......13 deer season?
Old 12-31-2010, 05:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can help you get it quicker, wait for it, MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
I posted this before but I think its astounding enough to repeat.... it has now been 9 months since I purchased, yes purchased the forms from the orange countyNY sheriffs dept. for my pistol permit application and its been a full 7 months since my "interview" (which is a formal review of my application by a LEO before it is sent to the judge) . Still waiting ....and waiting...and waiting.....hmm im thinking I may get to use the handgun I was required to buy,an list on the application, in time for the 20......13 deer season?
Old 12-31-2010, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
I can help you get it quicker, wait for it, MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the tip, but you see Im not 18 years old,Im 38, Ive lived here all my life, I have a wife, a mortgage(on a house that I cant sell) and a business that I started from scratch 9 years ago, I cant just load up the back of my pick up truck and move down south. Thought about it though.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
I applied for my CCW permit the 7th of nov, I called the 7th of dec, and was told it would take 3 months

I called monday to see the cash date for my money order and when the 12 weeks date started, I was told my permit had been approved and mailed monday.

I got it today, 1400 miles from where I am as I am in florida, so will be getting it next week, and given our move to florida this week, will be applying for a florida permit.

My understanding is if you have an out of state permit you do not need to take the handgun class here in florida. IS that true? I see no reason to drop 100 bucks for nothing I do not already know. Though the local shop said the waiting time is 2 weeks here so not like it will take to much longer.
The Florida CCW classes are pretty much a joke. You are just "doing time".
Old 12-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol, after looking I saw the hunter ed course covers the requirement, SO a free class I have to take over a 100 class not to hard to figure out
Originally Posted by bugsNbows
The Florida CCW classes are pretty much a joke. You are just "doing time".
Old 12-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

I got my CC permit in Minnesota last spring. I took the class. Filed the paperwork with Sheriff's Department for the background check, and had my permit about 3 weeks after taking the class. I was pretty pleased with the whole process. I feel for you guys that have to jump through a few more hoops.