Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Ruger No. 1's >

Ruger No. 1's

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger No. 1's

Old 12-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

It's okay call your little names and act like a damn child Vapodog. I can admit being wrong and I did put in my own email to Ruger and will call on a workday. Guess what even if your right your still showed your colors. If you don't like Ruger No.1's that I guess is your problem ain't it. Have a nice day!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Blackelk
It's okay call your little names and act like a damn child Vapodog. I can admit being wrong and I did put in my own email to Ruger and will call on a workday. Guess what even if your right your still showed your colors. If you don't like Ruger No.1's that I guess is your problem ain't it. Have a nice day!!!!!!!!
stick it in your ear and quit blowing smoke up folks butts and you won't be called on the carpet for exactly what you are!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Ok, I'm likely sticking my neck out , but here goes---The no 1 in 45-70 has been ordered and is enroute as we speak. I have a very good Bushnell to go on it and will get out to the range probabely by the end of this week and we'll see what it'll do. I'm buying this gun to hunt hogs with and I want it to hit where I aim for obvious reasons. As soon as I see how it shoots, I'll post photos of the targets on this thread and we will all have an idea of what to expect from a Ruger no 1--as I said earlier, out of the four I've owned, three of them were reasonably accurate, [ the 06 was very accurate], and one was not. I personally, have had very good luck with my Remington 700's, my Browning A-Bolts, Weatherby Vanguard and the Rugers, both M77 and No 1's. I'm not saying that these are better guns than the Savages or Marlins or TC's, just that I have not encountered the problems that some of you mention. So I'll try it at 50 and 100 and then give an honest review of how it shoots. If it won't shoot straight, I'll say so----------John
Old 01-01-2011, 03:27 AM
Typical Buck

I don't lie, cheat or steal and don't you ever forget that. If Ruger did say that then they are pretty damn stupid or you got a disgruntled employee. Like I said I'll be finding out for myself. For one I don't just run out and take everyone's word for it. If I tell you something chances are I own it and have tested it or have seen it first hand I don't go by hear say. Like I said you probably are right in what you said about their reply, to sell a gun of that quality then maybe they should work on quality control. I own several No.1's and outside making sure you have the proper weight of the bullet for the twist they all shoot outstanding. Even the 375 H&H is a sub MOA rifle when I'm doing my part. I will admit my 22-250 was a bit picky on bullet selection but once I had the proper combination it's beyond perfect. FYI it is the only NO.1 where I shimmed the hammer spring off the forend. They do shoot great and their accuracy issues are highly exaggerated. Every gun manufacturer has page after page on the internet of people talking about accuracy problems it isn't just Ruger or Ruger NO 1's. And the possibility of getting a bad one is out there. Like I said if you don't like them don't shoot them, but I'm not going to stoop to the level of name calling I'm above that.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't had one that wouldn't shoot sub 3/4" groups to holes in holes. It's all in the owner and as far as 1 1/2" at fifty yards Ruger didn't say that.
Then

Sorry for you misfortune but I don't own one yet.
Then

I own several No.1's and outside making sure you have the proper weight of the bullet for the twist they all shoot outstanding. Even the 375 H&H is a sub MOA rifle when I'm doing my part.
These 3 quotes do not make sense together.

Last edited by Pro-Line; 01-01-2011 at 04:00 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:34 AM
Typical Buck

Don't own a non shooting Ruger No.1 proline sorry I'll be more attentive and type complete sentences. Just for the record I've shot Ruger No 1's for over thirty years. No rookie here.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

As far as I am concerned, the Ruger no 1 accuracy issue is very similar to the Remington safety issue---there have been in-accurate Rugers and Remingtons that may have fired when closing the bolt or moving the safety, but, at what percentage of all the ones out there that work perfectly? Having owned several 700's and four number ones, from my own personel experience, I'll go right on hunting with both. I haven't had any warranty issues with either so can't comment on Ruger or Remingtons customer service although years ago when I sent Remington a letter asking for the cost of a BDL front sight ramp and hood, they just sent the whole set at no charge. Each time I email Ruger for an offset rear scope ring for a number one, I have it in three or four days. Watch enough big game hunting videos and you will notice that often the rifle leaning against the side of the elephant or cape buffalo is a no 1----Hmmmm----
Old 01-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Spike

Good points. I was thinking about it and I believe you can find shooters and lemons with any model.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice to see supposedly "adults" bicker like school ground children.