Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington-Ruger-Winchester >

Remington-Ruger-Winchester

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington-Ruger-Winchester

Old 12-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remington-Ruger-Winchester

I'm in the market for a new rifle chambered in either .270 or 7mm-08.Now assuming the 3 rifles mentioned above {rem.700CDL,rugerM77 & winchester model70 featherlite}all fit me nice & I was no more comfortable with one or the other which one would you choose & why
Old 12-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

I have an M77 which is a beautiful rifle, but I traded for it. If I had the money and were BUYING NEW....700CDL hands down.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TreednNC
I have an M77 which is a beautiful rifle, but I traded for it. If I had the money and were BUYING NEW....700CDL hands down.
I got say I'm partcial to Rems. because I've owned 2 700's. Just want some input on the others as well as the Rems.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rugers are great looking guns...of those 3 choices thats the one I would pick!

I just bought a Savage 7mm-08 and its a very nice Rifle with the wood stock and the Accu-trigger.My next Caliber for me to consider buying is the .270 in a bolt-action...I've heard a lot of good commments from guys shooting the .270 Rifles and if You get a bolt-action Rifle You can get the shells in the "Managed Recoil" from Remington if You want to tone down the recoil.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

The new FN made Winchester model 70's are head and shoulders a better made rifle than either the Ruger or Remington.

Some of the features that the model 70 have that the others don't.
*Forged flat bottom receivers
*Coned breech faces to facilitate more reliable feeding.
*The best 3 position safety on any rifle made. Instead of just blocking trigger movement it actually detaches the firing pin from the trigger sear all together.
*In the field, no tools needed, bolt tear down in case you need to clean it out for some reason.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm hearing alot of good talk about the new model 70.The only I dont like is that it's the lightest out of the 3 which means a little more recoil. On the positive side IMO it's the best looking out of the 3.I love the schnabel foregrip !
Old 12-26-2010, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

As much as I like my Ruger's I vote for the Win Featherweight in 7-08.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bernie P.
As much as I like my Ruger's I vote for the Win Featherweight in 7-08.
+1. We have a winner!
Old 12-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I start my purchases by considering the "features" I want in a rifle.

I eliminate any not in my price range.

Lastly, I handle/shoulder them with my eyes closed.

That's how you find a winner !!!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

I think Sheridan is right on about how to choose that next rifle.
I think it's actually more like the rifle choosing you.

I've been through the same decision making process lately. I have a left handed .270 in a Remington CDL and a left handed .30-06 in a stainless/laminate Ruger Hawkeye.

Just looking at them both side by side, I choose the Remington. Just a really nice looking rifle......BUT..... when it comes time to shoulder each one....the fit and balance goes to the Ruger by a HUGE margin (I should say the fit and balance for ME...others will be different).

Oh what I would give to see one of the new Winchester 70's in a left handed version..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.