Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Which is better two (2) ? >

Which is better two (2) ?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which is better two (2) ?

Old 12-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Which is better two (2) ?

When asking for “opinions or advise”, given that the information is accurate & factual, do you PREFER a short straight forward response or a dissertation on the subject ?
Old 12-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

short and sweet, though sometimes the question requires a long drawn out "dissertation" of an answer
Old 12-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Concise and unbiased.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know I'm guilty of delivering a dissertation most of the time, but I suppose it's because I prefer a high level of detail in answers to my own questions. As a professional engineer, I can't make decisions based on quip answers, and I require in depth validations before making final decisions. Unfortunately, I'm not good at leaving work at the office, so I prefer in depth responses, and usually deliver in depth responses.

When I look for answers, I'm not satisfied by getting the "what", I like to know the "why" behind it too. It's on the scale of personality profiling, some people are focused on "what", some people are focused on "why", and some people are concerened with both... I, unfortunatley for you all, am one of those people...
Old 12-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nomercy, in reading your answer to the question I would have guessed you would have been a short and to the point kind of guy.

Personally I like to get an short answer and a short "why" they answered that way.

I don't like the "You should do "X". with out at least having some sort of explanation. On the other hand if the response is like reading a friggin novel I won't even take the time to read it and the responder wasted their time bothering.