Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 .32H&Rmag and ??' s >

.32H&Rmag and ??' s

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.32H&Rmag and ??' s

Old 07-20-2003, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default .32H&Rmag and ??' s

I' m planning on going in tomorrow and picking up a .32H&R mag Ruger " Vaquerito" case colored 5.5" with Ivory' s, it' ll be something for my lil' lady to play with and for me too, for small game and a CAS match or two. It' s a gorgeous little gun, I don' t usually like blued wheels, don' t own any, and I don' t usually get weak rounds, .44mag' s my favorite medicine (which I' m getting a new Vaquero in on tuesday), but when I saw this gun, and it' s tag, I couldn' t resist.

I' m kind of curious about the round though, I' m not certain of which other cheaper .32 rounds share similar chambers, and I haven' t been able to find the H&Rmag in any of my reloading manuals (some rather old, and some rather new), anyone know a manual with good data for it? I' m also curious about the performance of the H&R mag and chamber similar rounds on game like rabbits and coyotes, I' d never dream about taking it on deer, unless I can go down to my aunt' s in TX after greyhounds with racks [&:][:-]. Any advice, opinions, info, etc would be appreciated.
Old 07-20-2003, 03:22 PM

Default RE: .32H&Rmag and ??' s

I shot one of those last year and loved it. Would love to have one for fishing and hiking. (good snake medicine ) I think that Federal is the only person making a commerical load in .32H&R maybe one more? I' ve also seen some loading material for it, belive one site was http://www.hodgon.com Congrat' s on the new toy
Old 07-20-2003, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

" Ken Walters Pet Loads from Handloader" has data and info. about your new handgun, so does " Cartridges of the World" 8th Edition. Good luck
Old 07-24-2003, 04:53 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-27-2003, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have a ruger single six in 32.mag havent shot it awhole lot& it has the 10 inch barrel, wish i had a shorter one now lol.
but it isgoodfor rabbits etc[:-]

Think i couldnt find any ammo in it eother at first , belive we used s&w 32. longs.

Its in my hornaday reloading manual& i have some brass& bullets&dies... just havent gotten to it.... yet.