Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
thompson center venture pro or cons >

thompson center venture pro or cons

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

thompson center venture pro or cons

Old 11-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default thompson center venture pro or cons

I am looking into the t/c venture I read some great reviews on the gun:My cal. would be the 243 cal. I am looking for some reviews on guys that own the rifle???
Old 11-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't own one, but only heard good reports !

If I was going to buy a new rifle tomorrow, that's what I would buy.....................
Old 11-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Spike

hey guys im new to the forum but i bought one yesterday in .300 win mag. and its a great shooter. havent had one problem out of it and it shoots around .75 at 100 yards with the cheap federal 180s from walmart. $15.00 a box. i love the gun. it has a great feel to it and the recoil is not bad at all, even in the .300 win mag. but i would deffinatly reccommend the gun to anyone one i have had alot of high end bolt guns and this one is not far off at all. i got mine at whittakers guns in owensboro, ky out the door for $419.00 and there is a $50 mail-in rebate. i hope this helps .. thanks
Old 11-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Spike

Funny this thread should be started. I'm looking at the same rifle (sort-of) in .308 and am glad to see what I've read so far. I think I want the Venture Predator though. I like the full camo all over, just personal preference though!
Keep up the reviews, I'm anxious to read more.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't own a Venture but have handled one in the local gun shop. Seems like a lot of gun for the money. I was looking for a 308 Win and was comparing different brands. In the end I wound up getting a T/C Icon in 308 as it was only $399(after rebate of course).

On a side note, my original Icon had a defect from the factory and would not eject fired cases properly. The rifle was replaced by T/C in a timely manner and I was happy with their customer service.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

I shot over to Dicks to day and did take a look at the t/c venture
I am not a fan on plastic stocks but overall it did catch my eye.
I was unlucky they did not have the cal. I was looking for they list them on sale for 439.00 plus tax regular price 479.00
I then would have the t/c rebate of 50.00 so it would be around the 399.00 mark
I did like the LOP 13 1/2" gun balanced o.k.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by HoltRacing215
hey guys im new to the forum but i bought one yesterday in .300 win mag. and its a great shooter. havent had one problem out of it and it shoots around .75 at 100 yards with the cheap federal 180s from walmart. $15.00 a box. i love the gun. it has a great feel to it and the recoil is not bad at all, even in the .300 win mag. but i would deffinatly reccommend the gun to anyone one i have had alot of high end bolt guns and this one is not far off at all. i got mine at whittakers guns in owensboro, ky out the door for $419.00 and there is a $50 mail-in rebate. i hope this helps .. thanks
Im from Owensboro. He cant be beat anywhere, period. I picked up a Ruger Hawkeye stainless 270 a month ago there for $150 less than anywhere I have checked.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by UKCATSHUNTER
Im from Owensboro. He cant be beat anywhere, period. I picked up a Ruger Hawkeye stainless 270 a month ago there for $150 less than anywhere I have checked.
Isn't that cool?! Ruger Hawkeye Stainless .270... What was the title of this thread? Something about a Thompson Center Venture?! Sorry, but I just don't see where the Ruger fits in when someone was talking about a TC Venture. That and the gentleman who started the thread said he's looking for reviews about the TC Venture from people who actually own one. Comparing a TC to a Ruger is like comparing apples to oranges.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Spike

I have a Venture in .243 and absolutely love it. It has a great trigger and will shoot under 1 moa with all 3 factory loads I've shot through it. If you like the wood stocks better, the Icon can also be had for very little extra money after the rebates.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ecorrigan
Isn't that cool?! Ruger Hawkeye Stainless .270... What was the title of this thread? Something about a Thompson Center Venture?! Sorry, but I just don't see where the Ruger fits in when someone was talking about a TC Venture. That and the gentleman who started the thread said he's looking for reviews about the TC Venture from people who actually own one. Comparing a TC to a Ruger is like comparing apples to oranges.
and your post fits any better??

im considering getting one now in .243 as well. wich ammo did you try in your .243? and what brand/grain did u have best results . thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.