Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
thompson center venture pro or cons >

thompson center venture pro or cons

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

thompson center venture pro or cons

Old 11-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Spike

I've shot 100 grain Rem. Core Locts, 100 grain Win. Power Points, and 95 (I think) grain Hornady SST Superformance rounds out of mine. All would do better than an inch at 100 yards. Can't really say any one shot better than the rest.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by hanks396
I've shot 100 grain Rem. Core Locts, 100 grain Win. Power Points, and 95 (I think) grain Hornady SST Superformance rounds out of mine. All would do better than an inch at 100 yards. Can't really say any one shot better than the rest.
thanks for the tips..ill deffinatly trythem. im thinking about picking on up tommorw or saturday if they have a .243 in stock
Old 11-12-2010, 02:56 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by ecorrigan
Isn't that cool?! Ruger Hawkeye Stainless .270... What was the title of this thread? Something about a Thompson Center Venture?! Sorry, but I just don't see where the Ruger fits in when someone was talking about a TC Venture. That and the gentleman who started the thread said he's looking for reviews about the TC Venture from people who actually own one. Comparing a TC to a Ruger is like comparing apples to oranges.
Well you must be a class act. Im sure your parents are proud of you. Plus did I mention if I thought the Ruger was better?? I just posted about going to the same gun shop as someone who purchased a Venture. Get a grip dude. If you have a problem with what someone writes, here is a tip: don't read it!
Old 11-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Spike

Default Have the ICON

I just got the ICON in .243 and love it. A real tack driver. Just need to get her a better scope. Has shot all different loads very well.

Hope it helps