Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
interarms mark x 30-06 >

interarms mark x 30-06

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

interarms mark x 30-06

Old 10-05-2010, 06:30 AM
Spike

Default interarms mark x 30-06

sorry i have not talked in a while.but i need to pick yalls brains.i have an interarms mark x 30-06 that i got for my sixteenth birthday.i am having trouble holding the scope on target and i think it is making me flinch anybody know how to fix this problem? also if you squeeze the trigger with the tip of your finger will it make you more accurate? thanks for the advice!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hunter22mag
sorry i have not talked in a while.but i need to pick yalls brains.i have an interarms mark x 30-06 that i got for my sixteenth birthday.i am having trouble holding the scope on target and i think it is making me flinch anybody know how to fix this problem? also if you squeeze the trigger with the tip of your finger will it make you more accurate? thanks for the advice!
You need to take your gun to a gunsmith and have it checked out.
Maybe your scope is mounted wrong for your body frame.

You are there and I am here and I can't see you or what your problem is. My second guess is that the gun does not fit you and might need the stock cut down.

No - pulling the trigger with the tip of your finger will not make it more accurate.

I would suggest that you find a gun club, join and have the members instruct you how to shoot. The NRA is a good place to start. They should have a list of approved gun clubs and instructors in your area.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure what "trouble holding the scope on the target" means. If you are having trouble seeing the target through the scope, the gun may indeed not fit you yet, or the scope might need to be adjusted for you focal length,(slid back or forward so that when you put the gun up, you can see the target immediately). I would caution you that if you do cut the stock down now to fit your frame, save the piece of stock. In 2 years, you'll grow enough to wish you had that length back again.
If you are indeed able to see the target, but have trouble with a steady hold, use a rest. I won't shoot at a deer without a rest.
Using lighter bullets will cut your recoil down noticably.
A guy who shoots garands in the Camp Perry rifle matches taught me to shoot more accuraterly by pulling the trigger straight back with the pad on the tip of my finger. Pulling with your first knuckle introduces torque to the gun. So I would say that shooting with your finger tip will help your accuracy.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Deer Hunter
You need to take your gun to a gunsmith and have it checked out.
Maybe your scope is mounted wrong for your body frame.

You are there and I am here and I can't see you or what your problem is. My second guess is that the gun does not fit you and might need the stock cut down.

No - pulling the trigger with the tip of your finger will not make it more accurate.

I would suggest that you find a gun club, join and have the members instruct you how to shoot. The NRA is a good place to start. They should have a list of approved gun clubs and instructors in your area.
Where to start... The ONLY good advice in your post is that you recommended the guy find someone qualified to teach him how to shoot.

That said, YOU ARE NOT THAT PERSON! Rule number one for long range precision shooting. Pull your trigger with the pad of the tip of your finger.

He also makes NO comment that suggests the rifle or scope is poorly fit for him. He has a flinch problem and hasn't practiced enough to steady himself.

If you're having trouble holding steady, AND having flinch issues, then treat the problems the same way... Dry fire practice with your rifle. Buy a set of snap caps for your rifle, and aim as if you were shooting a certain target (a thumbtack on your bedroom wall, or a target downrange outside) and practice holding your self steady, then slowly and smoothly squeeze the shot off, being sure to pull the trigger all the way to the rear after the shot.

If you want, PM me and I can give you more specific instructions about steadying yourself, and about using the rifle's natural point of aim to help improve your stability and accuracy.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:08 AM
Spike

i mean i am having trouble steadying myself before the shot and tend to jerk.thank you guys for responding. the scope and the stock are fine.and we are getting the best groups out of 180s(shot 150 and couldnt get it on paper)
Old 10-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

concentrate on the cross hairs resting on your target as you sqeeze thetrigger. The trigger finger will make the gun off, you just concentrate on the bullseye. If when you are pulling the trigger the gun moves, then you may want to look at your trigger pull motion or trigger weight.
Hope this helps some