HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - interarms mark x 30-06
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Deer Hunter
You need to take your gun to a gunsmith and have it checked out.
Maybe your scope is mounted wrong for your body frame.

You are there and I am here and I can't see you or what your problem is. My second guess is that the gun does not fit you and might need the stock cut down.

No - pulling the trigger with the tip of your finger will not make it more accurate.

I would suggest that you find a gun club, join and have the members instruct you how to shoot. The NRA is a good place to start. They should have a list of approved gun clubs and instructors in your area.
Where to start... The ONLY good advice in your post is that you recommended the guy find someone qualified to teach him how to shoot.

That said, YOU ARE NOT THAT PERSON! Rule number one for long range precision shooting. Pull your trigger with the pad of the tip of your finger.

He also makes NO comment that suggests the rifle or scope is poorly fit for him. He has a flinch problem and hasn't practiced enough to steady himself.

If you're having trouble holding steady, AND having flinch issues, then treat the problems the same way... Dry fire practice with your rifle. Buy a set of snap caps for your rifle, and aim as if you were shooting a certain target (a thumbtack on your bedroom wall, or a target downrange outside) and practice holding your self steady, then slowly and smoothly squeeze the shot off, being sure to pull the trigger all the way to the rear after the shot.

If you want, PM me and I can give you more specific instructions about steadying yourself, and about using the rifle's natural point of aim to help improve your stability and accuracy.