Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington Model 700 Classic .300 H & H Mag >

Remington Model 700 Classic .300 H & H Mag

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington Model 700 Classic .300 H & H Mag

Old 09-30-2010, 06:34 PM
Spike

Default Remington Model 700 Classic .300 H & H Mag

Does anyone own one? What is your opinion of this rifle, and caliber combo?
Old 09-30-2010, 11:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JRDANIELS
Does anyone own one? What is your opinion of this rifle, and caliber combo?
Yes I have one.....well specifically I have a Rem 721 in .300 H&H .....pretty much the same thing.....

It shoots great, feeds well, extracts well, trigger is fine, and the overall fit form and function is to my liking.

Ammo can be hard to find at times so lay in a supply of cases or loaded ammo for a rainy day.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

I just recently bought a Remington 700 in .300 Win mag and am planning on getting out to the range within the next few days to sight it in and will open a thread to comment on how well it shoots. I am completely satisfied with the way it looks and handles and as far as I am concerned the 700's have been a top notch rifle for a good while now. I don't know if the .300 Win mag and the .300 H&H are about the same ballistically, but I would think that they would be pretty similar. ------- John
Old 10-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would go with the 300 Win Mag. Faster, flatter with a greater selection of factory loaded ammo that is readily accessible at decent prices.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Keep talking Sniper 151, I like what you are saying--------I had another 700 in .300 WSM, stainless, black laminated stock, with a top of the line Leopold on it and let a wealthy retired dentist finally talk me out of it and had been desolate for several months and then, in the process of putting another gun on consignment, happened to spot this one in the rack. When they told me it was a .300 Win Mag, I told them to start the paperwork, they had just sold it. So basically, I got my .300 back, only in Win mag rather than short mag. It's now wearing a gold line Leopold and as I stated earlier, ready to go to the range. Yes, I'm very pleased---
Old 10-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have several of the classic's, but not the 300 H&H. I think the Classic is one of the best rifles that Remington has ever made. A quality product that looks good. The 300 H&H would make a great cartridge. If you can get a good deal on it then buy it. You will not be sorry. Tom.