Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
what makes a militia and is every one in one. >

what makes a militia and is every one in one.

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what makes a militia and is every one in one.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default what makes a militia and is every one in one.

One of the big second amend arguments I see is the one saying the 2nd amend is only given to members of a well regulated militia. So who is in one, and what makes a militia a militia? is it a bunch of guys getting togther and training.

this is what I found what do you think.

The first legislation on the subject was The Militia Act of 1792 which provided, in part:
That each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of the respective States, resident therein, who is or shall be of age of eighteen years, and under the age of forty-five years (except as is herein after excepted) shall severally and respectively be enrolled in the militia, ... every citizen, so enrolled and notified, shall, within six months thereafter, provide himself with a good musket or firelock....
Old 10-04-2010, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the big second amend arguments I see is the one saying the 2nd amend is only given to members of a well regulated militia
that is not a very "big" argument b/c it is based on very poor paraphrasing of the 2nd amendment
Old 10-04-2010, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

It doesn't matter because the Supreme Court decided that the original intent was that the individual has the right to bare arms.

Tom
Old 10-04-2010, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know, it is nice to see the recent Dc and Chicago gun bans blow up and get that all pointed out again. I have heard alot of people say every able bodied man is in a militia so just wondered.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the big second amend arguments I see is the one saying the 2nd amend is only given to members of a well regulated militia
Check again.....IMO this is not what the second amendment says!

It says the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed (as it's required for any militia to function).....militia is the body of Americans that may be called to defend the country.....
Old 10-04-2010, 09:55 AM
sm
Spike

And a "well regulated" militia is one that can use it's firearms and hit the target. This requires private ownership and use of it's arms.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was in I guess what you call a militia,The United States Army!