Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Re-indexing Nikon Buckmaster?

Old 09-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Re-indexing Nikon Buckmaster?

Can the Nikon Buckmaster SF scopes be re-indexed? I recently mounted one (4.5-14x40mm) on my fiancee's .223, she's loving the glass, but I'm really hoping it can be re-indexed?
Old 09-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

What do you mean by "re-index"?
Old 09-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can the adjustment knobs be re-set to zero after sighting in your rifle?

I.e. some scopes adjustment knobs can be "reset" to show 0x0 once the rifle is sighted, instead of being a random intermediate setting for range and windage.

Most shooters don't pay attention to their adjustment knobs beyond how many clicks to count off as they're sighting in, so re-indexing isn't an issue, but we range and wind our scopes for every shot. Re-indexing to 0x0 lets us back track to our calm day, standard range zero without tracking all of our range and windage adjustments (also dependent upon a scope with tight tracking).

Last edited by Nomercy448; 09-23-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ok. That's what I figured you meant but........

Yes, unscrew the screw in the center of the turret until you can lift up on the turret. Align it how you want it, push it back down and tighten the screw.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome. First thing tomorrow!!

The reason I asked is that I "ASSUMED" that it could be re-indexed, but I've "ASSUMED" that before on another scope, and had to spend $200 plus shipping to send it back to the factory to have it rebuilt after I took out the screws. Whoops. Good for me...