Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ammo

Old 07-15-2010, 03:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default Ammo

Where do you but most of your ammo at? Store? Internet? I usually buy all mine at walmart and academy and the selections are slim.I am thinking of converting to buying from a online place like midway.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Bass Pro about 30 min.'s away.Closer to me is Dicks sporting good.Dicks is usually better on price.Bass Pro has a slightly better selection.
For online purchases,Midway is pretty good.Also check out www.Natchezss.com and Cheaper Than Dirt.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I put most of mine together in the garage. I do buy the components from various online stores though. Pistol ammo is usually Wally World.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Powder and primers I (try) to buy locally due to hazmat fees.Almost everything else from places like Cabelas,Midway,etc.When possible I try to throw as much biz towards local shops as I can but it's hard for them to compete with the prices often found online.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Are there any extra fees when shipping ammunition?
Old 07-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

No not usually, at least not that I've seen from most online stores. I like Walmart the best if they sell what I want. I've not found a cheaper price anywhere online included, even before shipping. Then you have to add in shipping when buying online. Black powder stuff is the one exception to this. It's cheaper at a few local gun shops. Bullets are cheapest at Dicks, but powder and primers are way higher than the local gun shops and Walmart.

The problem is that there is quite a bit of ammo I buy that Walmart doesn't carry. For some reason my rifle greatly prefers Federal Fusion ammo, yet Walmart doesn't sell that. So I have to buy it locally or online.

That being said If I'm going to order online imo Natchezss.com is the best. Often times they are the cheapest. Another sight to check out is Grafs Reloading Supply. They often have good prices too.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Fork Horn

Internet mostly. For some reason Wal-mart will only stock un bonded soft points or FMJ. And they don't stock Mauser food so PFFFFFFfffffffffffffff
So that leaves me out. Internet store fronts give me Barnes MRX or bonded choices and I can get them in large orders.
I usually buy about 200-300 dollars worth at a time. Just like water fauler's like to do.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I buy most of mine at Bass Pro. Sometimes I'll buy over the internet if there's a great deal or sale.