Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 So when' s the last time you... >

So when' s the last time you...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

So when' s the last time you...

Old 07-02-2003, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So when' s the last time you...

That half-moon shaped crease/cut/scar is known as " The Learning Curve" !!!!!!
Old 07-02-2003, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Havent done it yet but I' m sure my day is coming.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

haven' t had it happen to me yet ( finger crossed ) , but it' s happened to my 3rd cousin joe and made a nice blood reddened leaning curve, and my grandfather during practice , didn' t leave any marks on my grandfather , just got him cussing a little bit though [&:][&:][&:]
Old 07-03-2003, 07:24 PM

That is another reason I shoot traditional and with my fingers... I don' t forget and leave my fingers in my truck, They never fall out of my stand, and I never hit myself in the eye with them unless I do somthing really stupid.
Old 07-03-2003, 07:32 PM

Now for rifles. In cartoons you see the stars around a charactors head when they get thwapted in the noggin! Untill I got SCOPE BROW I never knew where those stars came from. It does not really hurt it numbs you!!! STARS! Worst was a 2" short .416 Rigby off the bench, Big STARS, No Pain untill later.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve never had a scope hit me, but last year I bloodied my nose. I was helping a guy pattern his 3 1/2" 12ga, and smacked myself in the nose with my thumb when the gun kicked. Was a little embarrassing...LOL
Old 07-06-2003, 02:43 PM

Happened to me twice on the same day. My friend and I were sighting in our rifles in the desert here in Idaho in August. It was about 105 and I was really sweating. I have a neoprine wrap on the butt of my rifle and it wasn' t seated on my shoulder well and I didn' t notice. I took the first shot with my face stopping the kick. I had a pretty good nick in my eyebrow and it gave me a nice shiner. The next shot got me a lot less as I made sure to brace the rifle correctly, but I was too close and flinched pretty bad the second time.
Old 07-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

Had to sell that 7mag cause I could not cure the flinch with it.
Now I shoot a 300 win mag with no problems.

someone explain to me why you go from a 7mag to a 300mag to get less recoil? unless ofcourse it is a short mag
Old 07-06-2003, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

Some years ago I was muzzleloader hunting for deer,hadn' t seen anything during the morning so I decide to sit on the top of a ridge and watch down in a cut-off while I ate my lunch,I noticed something that wasn' t right on a log way out in the cut-off.couldn' t figure out what it was but was thinking it was a big ground hog,finally when I was about finished with my lunch I saw it move and I knew it was a ground hog,It was a long way off,not going to say because you wouldn' t believe it anyhow.I had a 3x9 scope on a ruger 77/50 so I wanted to take a shot at it,The ridge was so steep I brased one leg against a tree to hold me up and took aim just as I was pulling the trigger my feet went out from under me the dang thing came back in my face busting my nose and blood was really dripping down my face,got out my handkerchief and some water and cleaned my face and got my nose to quite bleeding.After I got my senses back I noticed I didn' t see the ground hog now,my curisoty got the best of me so I had to go see if I got it,which I thought would have been a mericle if I had.I went down and worked my way through to the log and dang if there wasn' t the ground hog the bullet had hit it square in the chest.
Thinking back I guess it was funny but my nose didn' t think so at the time.
Can tell you about a release that got me 3 times in a row too but takes too long now.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:48 PM

well, I am lucky to say that I never been " bridged" before My first time out at the target range, I was about 8 yrs old. I watched a friend of mine ride his head up the stock of his trusty 30-30 Win. with bushnell scope. well, he fired and after he took his hands away from his face, he looked like a raccoon. It looked like someone punched him in both eyes...It was awful. So, I learned my lesson w/o makeing the mistake.....I could feel the pain just looking at it.

Quick Reply: So when' s the last time you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.