Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
LCP Vs Keltec >

LCP Vs Keltec

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

LCP Vs Keltec

Old 05-14-2010, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default LCP Vs Keltec

I see a lot of folks are buying the LCP over the Keltec. I did a side by side comparison of the LCP .380 and the Keltec P3AT 380 at the range.

The LCP was nicer looking in every way. The Keltec had a much better trigger and in my opinion shot better.

Needless to say shortly there after I bought a Keltec. I'm looking to buy another one for my wife. The trigger alone is reason enough.

Anyone else do a side by side comparison?

Tom
Old 05-14-2010, 04:18 AM
Spike

I actually own an LCP. I've never shot a Keltec.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went with the LCP. Ruger stands behind their products if there is a problem with them.I never considered a Kel-tec.I'm sure the Kel-tec is a decent gun.With my experience with Ruger's that's the way I went. Ruger's selling the LCP's by the thousands. Now if 380 ammo would become readily available we'd be in good shape.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by statjunk
I see a lot of folks are buying the LCP over the Keltec. I did a side by side comparison of the LCP .380 and the Keltec P3AT 380 at the range.

The LCP was nicer looking in every way. The Keltec had a much better trigger and in my opinion shot better.

Needless to say shortly there after I bought a Keltec. I'm looking to buy another one for my wife. The trigger alone is reason enough.

Anyone else do a side by side comparison?

Tom

I did not like the LCP trigger either, but I wonder if it gets better over time?
Old 05-15-2010, 02:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd get either one if it came in .45acp.....
Old 05-15-2010, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Line up the hand surgeon before you go to the range.

LOL

Tom
Old 05-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know how any one could say the Ruger trigger is worse than the Keltec trigger. Exactly opposite in my experience and I have shot and dry fired dozens of each.

Neither triggers are close to being spectacular but the Keltec trigger stacks up heavy quite a bit just before it breaks over where as the Ruger is more consistant through out the entire pull.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

BB,

I can't argue with you given your experience but the triggers on the Keltec's I've fired are real nice. The two LCP's I've fired I thought were heavy.

Tom
Old 05-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Spike

Take it from a kel tec owner and actual Gun Dealer! I sell the Kel Tec but after my trigger spring broke on it from a dry fire in my pocket I wont own another one. If your looking for a LIGHT small gun to only fire 1-3 clips in then go with the kel tec but if you want quality and reliability beyond 3 clips then you need to upgrade to the LCP or some other gun, shoot id even trust a bersa over my kel tec now. I know one bad apple and all that stuff but honestly guys the Kel Tecs insides and frame are just CHEAP. LCP is my vote. btw i sell BOTH! so im NOT bias.

http://www.RMPrecision.net Lowest prices period, Pictures of all of them so if you dont know what an LCP or a Kel Tec look like you can see both at my stores site.
Good luck!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy and I have hundreds of rounds down the tube not one malfunction.

Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.