Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Very Pissed With Midway! >

Very Pissed With Midway!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Very Pissed With Midway!

Old 06-26-2003, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Very Pissed With Midway!

Just wanted to share something with everyone. I recently ordered a Timney trigger from Midwayusa and i recieved it about an hour ago. Well low and behold the *#@**#@ thing was used[:@] The package itself was taped up with scotch tape and when i took the trigger assembly out it was very evident from the scratches,scuffs,dings and rust that the *#%*@*% thing had been installed in a gun before and taken out and sent back to Midway for some reason and then in turn Midway tried to sell it to me like it is a new trigger. Heck i' m from the back woods but i' m no idiot! I wish i was at home instead of work so i could take a picture and post it and show everyone. I called customer service and also e-mailed them and gave them an ear full of my frustration. They gave me an ra# to return it which i' m in the process of doing and i just got some kind of crap automated e-mail back from them that i deleted that didn' t even give a reply to the situation. I can' t believe they would try and sell a used item must less a trigger for a firearm. I' ve been a customer to them for a long time but they have no doubt lost a good customer. Any suggestions to a good reloading supplier? Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations!
Old 06-26-2003, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Very Pissed With Midway!

I like dealing with Sinclair International and you may want to try Graf' s....
Old 06-26-2003, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about your problem. Personally I have never had any problems with Midway and will continue to use them. I can understand your frustration but in a company that big I am sure things slip through the cracks at times. As long as they are willing to rectify the situation I don' t see why you would not continue to be a customer.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I' ve had good luck dealing with Graf' s!!
Old 06-26-2003, 01:03 PM

it could have been a monday morning when the guy packed up ur trigger for shipping, or he could have gotten in a fight with his wife, or he or she may have spilt coffee on himself. i doubt it was a deliberate error.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

One bad transaction does not a make a supplier bad
Old 06-26-2003, 02:06 PM

I haven' t had a problem with Midway, but I also use Midsouthshootersupply. They' ve got a good online catalog.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

These things do happen.I bought a new lawn tractor from Home Depot.I wanted one in the box.Since they didn' t have one,they told me they would delivery it free if I took one already set up.When it was delivered I noticed a plug in the tire.The driver went to get me a new tire. I noticed then that it was a used mower with grass and yard rubbish jammed in the deck. One call to Atlanta resolved that problem.I had a brand new tractor in an hour or two.I received an apology from Atlanta and the store' s manager I bought it from.I' m sure it was an error.It' s a possibilty it was an error in your case too.I do most of my dealing with www.Midsouthshooterssupply.com I never had a problem using them.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 06-26-2003, 07:31 PM

I also use Midsouthshooterssupply........
Old 06-26-2003, 07:51 PM

I can understand your frustration. I' ve never had a problem with Midway, but wouldn' t scratch them off my list just because of one screw-up.

I don' t think that the final judgement should be made because of this screw-up, but instead on how they act when rectifying the situation when you bring it to their attention.

Quick Reply: Very Pissed With Midway!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.