Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Timney Trigger for FN Winchester M70 >

Timney Trigger for FN Winchester M70

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Timney Trigger for FN Winchester M70

Old 04-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Timney Trigger for FN Winchester M70

The new MOA trigger in the Model 70 is a dud.

I'm hoping that anyone looking to upgrade the trigger will go to Timney and cast a vote for them to make a trigger for the Model 70 produced by FN.

Here is a link to the voting site.

http://timneytriggers.com/trigger-survey.cfm

Thanks

Tom
Old 04-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Spike

I own 2 of the fn model 70 and I really like the trigger on them.If you want to reduce the trigger pull weight you should try one of these http://www.erniethegunsmith.com/catalog/c13_p1.html I didn't try it but I heard good comment.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

tiwil. Already did that. Not good enough.

I also own two now.

Thanks

Tom
Old 04-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

What is junk about it in your mind? What does it do or doesn't?

Which model 70 do you have? what cartridge?
Old 04-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have two of them. Both are the Extreme Weather models. One is .30-06 and the other is 300 WM.

Lets see for starters they can't lightened enough. Already tried an after market spring (I installed it) and had one smithed. The smithed trigger is significantly better that the spring swapped one. For seconds the trigger is very sensitive to finger placement. So much so that I can pull the trigger many times in a row and there will be a couple of different series that require more pull than others.

I just want to put this out there. If there was an after market option available I probably would still gripe but it would have been short lived.

If you've ever felt a properly smithed original Winchester M70 trigger you'd be shocked to think that they just didn't put that in this rifle. I know I'm shocked.

Tom
Old 04-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm waiting for the .375h&h in a synthetic/stainless option, a nice trigger would be good.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Why not buy a Jewell? Are the way the new triggers mounted different than the older Model 70's I have some with Jewells on them and would put any other aftermarket trigger it.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gunnermhr
Why not buy a Jewell? Are the way the new triggers mounted different than the older Model 70's I have some with Jewells on them and would put any other aftermarket trigger it.
Yes the bottom is different. None of the trigger companies out there make a trigger for the FN Winchester M70.

Tom
Old 04-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1
I'm waiting for the .375h&h in a synthetic/stainless option, a nice trigger would be good.

Are you into smithed triggers or aftermarket triggers?

If so you're not going to be happy.

Tom
Old 04-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Risasi
Whats the deal with the rest of that rifle? Looks decent on paper. See they dropped the 7 WSM. Too bad for the trigger. Could have done without the bottom metal in the B&C as well.
The rest is pretty good. Very good. I know when I end up getting another trigger for these rifle they'll be amazing. What kills me is they broke something that was fixed. The original M70 trigger is a gem.

What do you mean about the bottom metal on the B&C? You mean the one piece or the aluminum or both?

Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.