Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Ripped off at a Gun Show by a retired RCMP >

Ripped off at a Gun Show by a retired RCMP

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ripped off at a Gun Show by a retired RCMP

Old 03-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up a pretty Marlin Golden 39A at a gun show last spring. Seemed to function OK when I checked it out at the show, but when I got it home and tried live ammo in it, it wouldn't eject the fired case, nor load the next shell into the chamber. For the price of a new ejector and cartridge guide spring (Brownell's catalog), something around $10.00 cost, I fixed it and was back in business. Ejectors are a problem lots of times on .22 rifles, particularly levers. Not a huge problem......
Old 03-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know a thing bout lever guns, though I've found that gunk in extractor grooves is an easy fix for 22s not pulling the spent case. Over-oiling the bolt will do this.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you want a warranty, buy new...Doesn't matter if it's a gun or a car...Unless there is a written warrenty, there is no warrenty...
Old 03-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man a 9422 that cheap I have a 9422 XTR on consignment at a local shop for 550.00 with a Leopold 4x scope on it.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Inactive

I would like to make it very clear, that I was NOT the person who moved this post. Had I been, I would have notified the original poster. As a matter of fact, when this post was moved, I was in hospital.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by x-mountie
I would like to make it very clear, that I was NOT the person who moved this post. Had I been, I would have notified the original poster. As a matter of fact, when this post was moved, I was in hospital.
We know that. I hope you are feeling better XM
Old 03-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

easy fix most of the time...
i know some guns arnt made with auto eject anymore cause they go bad so fast sometimes, but the smif will take care of it fer $30 or so.

maybe the guy didnt know it didnt eject, maybe news to him as well....

i know if ya take off a tie or lock on a gun at a show here, you immediately asked to leave, and before you get out the door ya get a ticket, from Dallas' finest

everything kewl X?
Old 03-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1
what's with all these people wanting refunds on SOLD items? sold "as is"

I don't lie about what I sell, but I sell everything "as is" for the most part.

Sure there are dishonest people out there so I suppose maybe that's a different issue.

But when buying a "used" item remember it is "used" not mint or brand new.

ditto!!!!! besides most of the time the manufactor will still cover any problems even though you are not the first owner.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by x-mountie
My apology Gary for that remark. IT would of been courteous of HNI made notification that the thread was moved as opposed to giving me the impression that it was deleted. It just hit a nerve with me and this gun issue has me peod. I have a lot of respect for the men/women in law enforcement as I just put my boy through the academy and is now a state trooper in N. C.
My friend and I are going to his house on Friday if I don't hear anything from him this week as he promised to get hold of me. I just find it very interesting that he made the receipt out where his last name is unreadable and that the ph. # on it was completely erroneous. I am sure he was aware of the condition of the gun. I am going to go to his house on Friday and see if he wants to trade for the other similar one or give me my damn money back or I will probably take him to small claims and let the judge decide.
It was a model T-250, just a mediocre 22.

Bobby
Old 03-18-2010, 08:31 AM
Inactive

121553, Congrats to your son. I hope he will find his profession to be a rewarding one. Tell him not to be to disappointed with the pitfalls he will surely encounter. The "brothers-in-law" are behind him.

As for myself, I'm slowly getting back to my normal grouchy old self. Thanks for your expressed concerns. Believe it or not, it helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.