Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Mossberg 935 >

Mossberg 935

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Mossberg 935

Old 02-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Spike

Default Mossberg 935

I have searched the forums and I have not found much info by way of this gun.

I stopped in to Gander Mountian tonight and found a used one for $229.00. I jumped on it. The thing looks brand new. No wear on the stock and hardly any in the receiver. Who ever owned it before me had a scope on it as the base is still attached. The thing looks perfect.

Anyway does anyone have any experiance with this gun? I am going to used it as my new turkey gun but I was wondering what you guys think about it as a duck/pheasant gun also?

thanks
Old 02-26-2010, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

it's the same as the 835 (pump), the 935 is a semi-suto
Old 02-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Spike

I bought one two years ago and will never let it go.
I suggest using larger loads as it is a magnum shotgun.
But as far as a turkey,duck,goose,pheasent, gun 10 out of 10.
I have probly shot 10000 rounds through the gun and it is still going strong. But if you dont clean it regularly you will notice it slows the ejector. Besides that im sold on it.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never owned one, but one of my hunting buddies had one...

He used it successfully for several years on turkey, geese and coyotes, and as far as I know he never had any problems with it..
Old 02-28-2010, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned one for the past 5 years, its my main turkey gun now. I tried it out as a goose gun, but it didnt work to well for that. The problem was I goose hunt in the rice fields of Arkansas and all the mud that gets into it makes it jam. If it cant be keep clean it will work fine and dandy. The 935 is not a bad gun at all, it just cant handle crawling around it those rice fields. I leave my 870 for that job.