Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Christensen's LR hunting package

Old 02-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Christensen's LR hunting package

Another system on the block...

http://www.christensenarms.com/store/41511.html
Old 02-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

i dont know who would spend that kinda cash for a rig like that...

and i dont know who would buy a "long range package gun"

granted they do have a decent reputation (Christensens) but idk...not my cup of coffee...

part of the fun of a long range rig is putting it together the way you like...

i can almost guarantee for around 2000-2500 you can have a similar rig that will out shoot it with 100 hand loads not 100 factory loads! actually could probably have a rig that will out shoot that rig for less than that...

but, theres a market for those packages and i know it....look at a few posts here "i wanna shoot 400+yds" and the guys buying it have never shot a true 400yds...and the guys going on a hunt somewhere and the guide says longer range shooting is possible...so they buy a rig that claims its for long range and got a fancy scope reticle that is supposed to be perfect and simple..put the hash mark on the critter and shoot and its a dead critter...well kids, that aint how it works! end of story...

my rant is over lol......the long range wannabes just get under my skin and now they sale package rifles at an astronomical price to the same guys....

i wanna shoot long range too...but i learned its baby steps...a groundhog 350yds is a LONG way when your used to shooting deer at 1-75yds....now that ive reached 350yds its time to start stepping towards 400 this summer if i got time and can find a field long enough to stretch it out safely...
Old 02-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with you for the most part except the $2000-2500 for a rig equally good, the scope will run ya at least $1500...
Old 02-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya...good glass is gunna run atleast 1000-1500...

but a rig can be built complete for half id bet that would shoot as well or better....and the shooter will have what they want...if im droppin big bucks on something its gunna be built how i want and with what i want....

to each their own....that aint my cup of coffee...that just takes the fun out of a long range rig to me...
Old 02-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

True, that's why I spent about a year waiting for my Ackley to be built since it was to my specs. Total investment with scope was right about $3500, could've easily got her under $3000 without all the fancy...

Did you check out the video on the site about the Swaro scope?
Old 02-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just what the world needs. A 6 pound "long range" rifle.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

People don't make 10-14lb long range rigs because they like carrying extra weight...