Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Scope rings/bases opinions...... >

Scope rings/bases opinions......

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Scope rings/bases opinions......

Old 02-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Scope rings/bases opinions......

Looking for a really good solid base/ring set for my rifle and scope.
Always used Leupold dual dovetail rings/bases before with good results. I keep hearing good stuff about Talley rings.
Just looking for opinions.
Rifle is a Rem. 700 XCR in .30-06 and scope is a Leupold 3.5X10X40
was hoping to use low rings like on my Browning A Bolt, but don't know if the larger bolt throw of the Remmy with contact the eyepiece of the scope.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Leupold Dual Dovetails and low rings will work on your Remmy if the scope isnt over a 40mm. Ive got a boatload of 700's and all but two have that setup. The others have the Weaver and Burris setup which has proven to be very durable over the years for a very modest price. The Burris bases have some extra adjustment which came in handy on the rifle it is on.

Last edited by Doe Dumper; 02-16-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use Burris's new Zee Rings with Burris "weaver style" bases on all my rifles (almost all).
Old 02-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Game reaper mounts are, IMO, some of the best going. Far better than anything Leupold is putting out with the exception of Mark 4 and PRW.

Game Reapers will go on all of my future rifles.

http://www.dnzproducts.com/index.php...index&cPath=66
Old 02-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the looks of those BB. I have never seen them before now.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd go with Talley Lightweights for that setup.

I'm pretty sold on talley's from now on...
Old 02-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Salukipv1, if you like Talley LW's then get you a set of DNZ's.
Talley LW's just don't compare.

Talley LW's are CNC'd from an extrusion while DNZ's are CNC machined from start to finish from billet aluminum.

DNZ's use exceptionally long grade 8 screws. Don't know what grade screws Talley uses.

DNZ's are one piece and scope fit is absolutely perfect so absolutely no lapping is needed.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Salukipv1, if you like Talley LW's then get you a set of DNZ's.
Talley LW's just don't compare.

Talley LW's are CNC'd from an extrusion while DNZ's are CNC machined from start to finish from billet aluminum.

DNZ's use exceptionally long grade 8 screws. Don't know what grade screws Talley uses.

DNZ's are one piece and scope fit is absolutely perfect so absolutely no lapping is needed.
If you like Talley LW, then get Talley LW. DNZ's look like they belong on a squirt gun. Talleys sit on all my toys.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like Warne's products. I believe the true test of setup is a QR. I've never had a zero change with my Warne QR rings. Also they are just solid. Very affordable too.

Tom
Old 02-17-2010, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are several good choices out there (better than Leupy turn-ins IMO). I like Talleys, Warne's and the DNZ also (although they look rather "clumsy" to me). I'm also fond of pic rails and PRW's, TPS, EGW or similar types when set on the pic type rails. It allows for a bit more fore / aft ER adjustments. Depending on the tube, this often times becomes critical.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.