Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
new 7600...rings and bases...? >

new 7600...rings and bases...?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

new 7600...rings and bases...?

Old 02-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Typical Buck

Does game reaper make a mount for that gun/scope? While I dont "break-in" my rifles I do hunt em hard and dednutz one piece mounts always work good for me, especially with a little rosin inside the rings.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Got them on all my rifles, so I'll keep you posted - how's that !?!?

BTW - So far so good !!!

I got it = it's the "flying" Dutchman

How have you been Relentless ?

There were a couple of your buddies on the BB feeling sorry for you !

Sounds like you do have a few friends :-)

Last edited by Sheridan; 02-09-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys! appreciate it! between the recoil of the whelen and heavy hard hunting, i wanted something as sturdy as they come...

thndrchicken, i dont think a 225gr accubond at about 2700fps is going to tickle...i think im gunna know when the gun goes off to say the least but if i was afraid of recoil i woulda bought a 3006 or 308...and if it does hurt too bad i got a TON of options...stocks, recoil pads, porting, and now that i'll be handloading, i can load it down...

its my big game rifle...i dont plan on sitting at the bench for hours on end getting the snot kicked outta me...but i will be able to shoot it well and will have a load worked up for it...and will not be afraid to shoot it...

podunk kennels, THANKS! i looked into them...they do make them for the 7600...and after reading, they simply made a ton of sense....just placed an order..1 piece...nothing to move...thats awesome! only thing i didnt like was my gun is blue, my scope is gloss black...the mounts look like a matte black...i'll either fix it myself with some good ole black gloss paint if it bothers me or leave it alone...
Old 02-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah im anal like that too, the mount doesnt quite match my 700 barrel but ive forced myself to overlook it so far
Old 02-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

podunk, thanx again!!!! ordered them tuesday....got them today...and alot of my stuff is behind due to the weather here...

i LOVE the setup!!! the metal is awesome...design is brilliant...machining is amazing...the ring screws are probably 4x longer than my standard leupold rings which means alot more strength and holding power...

the base is machined to fit snug on the receiver...i put it on there and you could tell right away it was truely machined for my 7600...the size and weight is GREAT...im truely in love with it....and even though its not gloss, it looks dang good!

i dont see an issue with the setup....best thing is they are hardly any more costly than a regular setup!!
Old 02-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

I like the Game Reaper mounts also Talley's are a good choice