HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new 7600...rings and bases...?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 11:17 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys! appreciate it! between the recoil of the whelen and heavy hard hunting, i wanted something as sturdy as they come...

thndrchicken, i dont think a 225gr accubond at about 2700fps is going to tickle...i think im gunna know when the gun goes off to say the least but if i was afraid of recoil i woulda bought a 3006 or 308...and if it does hurt too bad i got a TON of options...stocks, recoil pads, porting, and now that i'll be handloading, i can load it down...

its my big game rifle...i dont plan on sitting at the bench for hours on end getting the snot kicked outta me...but i will be able to shoot it well and will have a load worked up for it...and will not be afraid to shoot it...

podunk kennels, THANKS! i looked into them...they do make them for the 7600...and after reading, they simply made a ton of sense....just placed an order..1 piece...nothing to move...thats awesome! only thing i didnt like was my gun is blue, my scope is gloss black...the mounts look like a matte black...i'll either fix it myself with some good ole black gloss paint if it bothers me or leave it alone...