Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
which one is a better gun >

which one is a better gun

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

which one is a better gun

Old 02-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check the price of regular .270 shells to the price of $35.00 to $40.00 for the WSM shells and you'll probably be better off with the .270 Rifle if your going to be doing a lot of shooting/hunting.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vabyrd
Look a little closer next time. bead blasted with beach sand. Nice synthetic stock. Love the seam and the rubber inlays...pos. Do they still have the "J" safety. Now that was a work of art. They may be tight, but not "fit". Recoil pads feel like flubber. Yours for only 325 at Wal-Mart.

FN is cranking out the new 70's. Give them a minute or two and you'll see why Uncle Sam lets them build play toys....
what a hack review . The matte stainless finish is excellent w/ the least amount of glare of any other, finish Ive seen. Who cares what it was blasted w/ ? It didnt have any sand in it when I bought mine Injection molded is injection molded, and even sako uses rubber inserts, so what ? the recoil pads are made by limbsaver. as for your last statement I cant argue w/ it cause I have no idea what that even means.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

To me it really depends on what your gonna use it for. If its a deer rifle then either one would do the job for pretty much any deer. I'm going to be the first to admit that I don't know all that much about MOA facts. My 270 is deer rifle and I can hit a 6" diameter clay target at 300 yards and have killed several deer with it. Thats as accurate as I need. I know from the ballistics charts they are both comparible. The question is which do you like more? Shoulder em both and go for fit. Winchester has the reputation of being higher quality but I was fooling around with a 308 in a remington 700 and it felt good. I would say depending on what you'll be using it for, neither one is really a bad choice.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a 700 bdl in 300 saum 2 years a go and it was a really nice shooting rifle that shot sub moa with a couple of different bullets and powders.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Spike

the 270wsm has a lot more juice on it than a standard 270,in fact the #s in some case look better than a 300wm,either 1 is a good rifle & pick a caliber you are comfortable shooting,id rather somebody shoot a deer with a lower caliber & not flinch or close their eyes with than 1 somebody has recoil issues with,mike300wm