Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
mod 70 wincester >

mod 70 wincester

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

mod 70 wincester

Old 01-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Spike

Default mod 70 wincester

To remove the barrel and action I just took the two screws out of the bottom of the stock, one was midway up the for arm and the other was behind the trigger guard. the barrel still will not come out of the stock. Is there anything else I need to do? Oh. it is a pre 64 if that makes any difference and it was steel bedded when I purchased it. Thank you for any help.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Banned

They are usually pretty difficult once bedded. You kinda have to "see-saw" it slightly, very slightly to get it apart. Hopefully whoever bedded it used some kind of release agent. It also could have worked its way around the action when it was done, making it permanent.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:16 AM
Spike

Thank you Sir, I think I will take it to the gun smith I purchased it from and let him show me. Thanks again.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

The one I have, 375 H&H has 4 screws. 1 ta rear of trigger guard, 1 in front of trigger guard, 1 in front of the floor plate and a smaller screw about half way up the fore end. Bet you missed a screw or two. The one in front of the trigger guard isn't vissible untill the floor plate is opened.

Here is a link to a not so great schematic but if you print it out it might be usefull. http://www.e-gunparts.com/schemzoom2...re64_schem.jpg It shows 4 screws attaching the receiver, and barrel.

Last edited by goatbrother; 01-16-2010 at 07:34 PM.