Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban >

U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban

Old 01-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Banned

Fear tactics at their best.

Last edited by vabyrd; 01-16-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-17-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Todd1700
Call me when you think they are about to make their move so I can laugh at you over the phone.
Call ME when you don't have any guns left.

Re: the NRA, yeah, they turn up the volume now and then. I'm well aware of that. But don't give me that crap about the solicitations, unless you don't own a trash can or are too stupid to figure out how to use the one you own. The fact is most people use these excuses to stay out because, in reality, they're cheap-a$$ freeloaders who only want to enjoy the benefits that other pay for.

Alarmist? I've been around too long, and have seen come true too many things the NRA was 'alarmist' about. If you were intelligent enough to do so, you could compile a list of all the federal gun laws on the books in chronological order (if you know what that means) and then ask yourself whether the people at the beginning of that list, or even at the mid-point, would expect the things we have at this end of it.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ron Duval
Why attack the NRA? Was this an NRA news release? Did the NRA hurt you in any way? The NRA is the most powerful pro-gun lobby, I am glad they exist.

The anti-gun people make wildly unfounded claims, so I don't mind if someone tries to get the attention of the U.S. shooters to get them focused on every possible threat to their rights.

It is your business if you want drop the NRA, but to label them as liars goes too far.
I call it like I see it. They have lied to me several times since being a member. I see them as no better than the people who are trying to take our guns. They are just trying to make money on the fact that people are trying to take our guns. All scare tactics to strum up donations and membership. Just my opinion. I wasn't attacking them on this particular issue, just stating the facts of my personal experience. This article is just the same as almost everything I have seen from them is the only reason I tied them into my reply. You are right, NRA is the largest pro gun lobbyist..and lobbyists are crooks that are ruining the fundamental operation of our government. Sad it cost me so much to figure out what they are really about. Once again, this is just my opinion from my experience as a member.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

That sorry piece of trash letter is not from the NRA. It is from a wannabe outfit that wants to pocket your money while laughing their butts off at ignorant gunowners. The tin foil hat sellers call themselves the National Association For Gun Rights.

Sure do wish that people would vet this kind of stuff before posting it as fact.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/12/int...un-ban-treaty/

The fact is that a provision in the resolution’s preamble – included at the request of the U.S. – explicitly recognizes the right of nations to regulate gun sales and ownership within their borders, including through their constitutions:
UN General Assembly Resolution A/C.1/64/L.38/Rev.1, Oct. 28: Acknowledging also the right of States to regulate internal transfers of arms and national ownership, including through national constitutional protections on private ownership, exclusively within their territory…
If you really do believe the kind of far out trash put forward in the OP then give me a call on your cell phone when you debark from that long covered train car at that concentration camp in Utah.

Last edited by falcon; 01-16-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ron Duval
Why attack the NRA? Was this an NRA news release? Did the NRA hurt you in any way? The NRA is the most powerful pro-gun lobby, I am glad they exist.

I agree,I'm glad we have them. My membership is up for renewal & I went on their website & tried to renew it but couldn't get it to work.So I'm doing it the old fashion way......cut them a check & mail it.

NRA you want membership....... SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 05:08 AM
Fork Horn

If you all will stop fussing about the NRA and read the Treaty that the US agreed to. I think you will find it on the sell of guns and ammo. Which means that when they get all the ducks in a roll. That there will be a lot of guns and ammo that you will not be able to buy.
Just my two cents.
You All have a great day.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are just trying to make money on the fact that people are trying to take our guns. All scare tactics to strum up donations and membership.
Yeah, this particular spook story may not have come from the NRA but I've gotten dozens just like it from them. And all of them just as totally full of BS as this one.

The NRA started out as a good organization. Then sadly like most social activist organizations they discovered how much money they could fatten themselves on by amping up the scare tactics to squeeze more money out of the gullible and the paranoid insane.

I know there are people and organizations out there that would like to ban guns. But none of them are even close to being able to. And it's truly sad that the major organization that used to protect our gun ownership rights has deteriorated into an organization that has totally sacrificed it's credibility by constantly floating any baseless yet scary rumor just to get John Q Citizen to cut them another check.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys when I posted this it wasn't my intention of getting people to argue over it.I received it from a friend that follows this stuff closely. No I didn't grab my checkbook.To be honest I have never heard of these people. I think we all know by now Obama/ Biden's stance on guns.It was no secret even before the election.Biden is as anti gun as Obama if not more so.He was who originally wrote the first assault weapons bill from my understanding.Obama is dead set against concealed weapons and defending yourself. Look Obama's track record he always vote against the gun owners. He hasn't even began to try to reach his goal.Just look at all the anti gun people he has in his cabinet.The hand writing is on the wall.Call this a scare tactic or whatever you like. Anything is possible with what's at the helm now. Hillary fits right in with Obama and Biden.Slick Willie Clinton did allot of damage to gun owners and dealers. Hillary Clinton is trying to continue what he didn't finish.

That's okay some can run the NRA down.Blame them for everything.If it makes you feel better or makes you feel more like a man so be it. I can assure you if it wasn't for the NRA we would have lost our guns along time ago.I've been folowing gun control for well over 30 years now.I remember some of the Gun Control act of 1968 and the screwing gun owners got back then.

Yes I get tired of getting mailings asking for money.File 13 works pretty darn good.The NRA like us money doesn't grow on trees.NRA Members we are the NRA.If you don't like something do something to change it.
For the one or two running the NRA down that's your privilege. If you really feel that way towards the NRA then maybe we would be better off without you as member. I've been a member probably longer then allot of you have been born.There's no organization that's perfect.I would much rather know what's going on if it's by your so called scare tactic then to get surprised with something none of us ever heard about.There's allot of things that go on behind closed doors we never hear about until it's to late. Obama is trying to destroy this country. Believe that or not.

It's time to wake up, you don't think it can happen here you're kidding yourself. Everyday we are losing more and more of our freedoms.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MO Archer
NRA is the largest pro gun lobbyist..and lobbyists are crooks that are ruining the fundamental operation of our government.
So, just because the NRA is a lobbyist organization, thats bad?
You think the Anti's are not paying big bucks to lobby for gun laws?
You don't have to donate money if you don't want too! But, consider this: with 4 million members, most politians fear the NRA! If the NRA could boast 50 million members (probably half the American gun owners,) you would never, ever hear the words "gun control" again!

Thats just for the price of a membership, not donations!

Remember:
Hitler........................................neve r happened!
1968 gun laws............................never happened!
Clinton gun ban...........................never happened!
9/11.........................................never happened!
Obama raping the Constitution......never happened!

Unions, charities, churches, Little Leaguers ask for donations! Don't use lame excuses for not belonging to the NRA!
Don't join if you don't want too! Just remember that others are paying the bill and remember this when you need help: All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing!"

Last edited by JagMagMan; 01-18-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.