Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban >

U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban

I'm not saying that you need to donate any money, but you need to know that our 2nd Amendment Right is slowly being taken away behind our backs. This is just FYI. And don't think this can't be done in America. The people of Australia didn't think it could be be done there.
As Americans we need to VOTE come the next election and remove the liberals from office.

The United Nations and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are moving forward with their plan to confiscate your guns.

The United States joined 152 other countries in support of the Arms Trade Treaty Resolution, which establishes the dates for the 2012 UN conference intended to attack American sovereignty by stripping Americans of the right to keep and bear arms.

Working groups of anti-gun countries will begin scripting language for the conference this year, creating a blueprint for other countries when they meet at the full conference.

The stakes couldn't be higher.

Former United Nation's ambassador John Bolton has cautioned gun owners about the Arms Trade Treaty and says the UN “is trying to act as though this is really just a treaty about international arms trade between nation states, but there’s no doubt that the real agenda here is domestic firearms control.”

Establishing the dates for the Arms Trade Treaty Conference is just the first step toward their plans for total gun confiscation.

The worldwide gun control mob will ensure the passage of an egregious, anti-gun treaty...

. . .and that's where Secretary of State Hillary Clinton steps in.

Once the UN Gun Ban is passed by the General Assembly of the United Nations it must be ratified by each nation, including the United States.

As an arch enemy of gun owners, Clinton has pledged to push the U.S. Senate to ratify the treaty. She will push for passage of this outrageous treaty designed to register, ban and CONFISCATE firearms owned by private citizens like YOU.

That’s why it’s vital you sign the special petition I’ve made up for your signature that DEMANDS your U.S. Senators vote AGAINST ratification of the UN’s “Small Arms Treaty..”

So far, the gun-grabbers have successfully kept the exact wording of their new scheme under wraps.

But looking at previous versions of the UN “Small Arms Treaty,” you and I can get a good idea of what’s likely in the works.

Don't let any of the "experts" lull you to sleep by saying "Oh, we have it handled" or "Until you know exactly what's in the treaty you can't fight against it."

Judging by Ambassador Bolton's comments -- who certainly knows what to expect from the American-freedom-hating international crowd that infests the U.N. -- we are certain the treaty's going to address the private ownership of firearms.

If passed by the UN and ratified by the U.S. Senate (which is where we must ultimately make our stand), the UN “Small Arms Treaty” would almost certainly FORCE national governments to:

*** Enact tougher licensing requirements, making law-abiding citizens cut through even more bureaucratic red tape just to own a firearm legally;

*** CONFISCATE and DESTROY ALL “unauthorized” civilian firearms (all firearms owned by the government are excluded, of course);

*** BAN the trade, sale and private ownership of ALL semi-automatic weapons;

*** Create an INTERNATIONAL gun registry, setting the stage for full-scale gun CONFISCATION. So please click here to sign the petition to your U.S. Senators before it’s too late!

You see, this is NOT a fight we can afford to lose.

Here's what you can do to help the National Association for Gun Rights fight Hillary Clinton and her United Nations cronies:
  • [*]
Without your help and support, the National Association for Gun Rights cannot defeat this measure.

Thank you in advance for your support.

For Liberty,

Dudley Brown

P.S. The Obama Administration just announced they would be working hand-in-glove with the UN to pass a new GLOBAL "Small Arms Treaty.”

That’s why it's vital you and I fight back IMMEDIATELY.

Please click here to sign the special petition I’ve made up for your signature that DEMANDS your U.S. Senators vote AGAINST ratification of the UN’s “Small Arms Treaty.”

To help the National Association for Gun Rights grow, please forward this to a friend.
To view this email as a web page, please click this link: view online.

Help fight gun control. Donate to the National Association for Gun Rights!

Old 01-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

A very worthy cause to say the least. I don't however like the page that loads immediately after pressing the button soliciting a donation though. I get enough of that every time I turn around from the NRA.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

It'll take a 2/3rds vote in the Senate to pass, and I don't see that many Senators willing to slit thier throat at this point. And that's what they would be doing by going along with this.
Don't get me wrong, no doubt there are those always planning and scheming on how to take the guns away, but I don't see it getting done any time soon.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think most all of us have or should have our legislator's contact points...e-mail, phone, addresses, etc. I see no harm in signing the petition, but I also think the personal touch is equally or more effective. If you don't have your area's U.S. legislator's addresses, do yourself and all other gun owners a favor....get it and use it.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hillary is such a POS it never ceases to amaze me she could get elected to ANY office but she did.There's no doubt fellow POS' Obama and Soros are in on this behind the scene with her.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Something like this circulates all the time. I know I'll be flamed for this but the reality is the only thing internet articles like this do is leads to paranoia. They never mention nor do most people know what the passage of a UN treaty resolution actually means.
Regardless of what some internet lawyers say, a UN treaty resolution does not and would trump the US Constitution. If the US signed off on this treaty, which hasn't even been drafted by the way, so no one... not you, me or this Dudley Brown guy, has any idea what might or might not be in it. Then a whole series of things would need to take place before it could be enforced. Keep an eye on it if you want, but it's just more of the same old "black helicopter" stuff.

Last edited by popeye2; 01-14-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by popeye2
Something like this circulates all the time. I know I'll be flamed for this but the reality is the only thing internet articles like this do is leads to paranoia. They never mention nor do most people know what the passage of a UN treaty resolution actually means.
Regardless of what some internet lawyers say, a UN treaty resolution does not and would trump the US Constitution. If the US signed off on this treaty, which hasn't even been drafted by the way, so no one... not you, me or this Dudley Brown guy, has any idea what might or might not be in it. Then a whole series of things would need to take place before it could be enforced. Keep an eye on it if you want, but it's just more of the same old "black helicopter" stuff.
So far the only place I've been able to find the article is on conspiracy theory type websites. Maybe Jesse Ventura knows.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by vabyrd
So far the only place I've been able to find the article is on conspiracy theory type websites. Maybe Jesse Ventura knows.
If y'all think this is paranoia or conspiracy-theory, you must have missed the NRA's coverage of this issue over the past few years. You might want to correct that situation, i.e. join the NRA.

If you want to see and hear this for yourself, check out the video on youtube. I don't have the link right now because this computer is not youtube-capable, but try some keywords like 'UN' or 'gun treaty.' If you don't find it, respond on the thread and I'll get it to you. If this video doesn't send a chill up your 2A spine,
you have no 2A life in you.

I'm not saying we're on the brink, i.e. that this is going to happen in the next couple of weeks, but this effort is NOT going to go away. If they don't get it this year, they'll try for next year. If not that year, maybe the next.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMeDmV0ufU
Old 01-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

Honestly this sounds like another scare tactic from the NRA to strum up money from members or get new members. I will not be renewing my NRA membership anymore after this year. They have turned into a bull**** organization in my opinion. All I get from them are panic emails about people about to come to my door to forcefully take my guns then they ask for more money.

Example-

The last email I got from them concerned local gun control laws within my local city limits. It said that our city aldermen had voted that we could no longer use weapons within the city limits for self defense. I did panic a bit and had all my friends email all the aldermen, mayor, and other city officials to show our dismay with it all. We were all emailed back from them telling us all they did was vote to GIVE US MORE GUN RIGHTS!!! We read all of the ordinance amendments and they didn't take anything away, but gave us all the right to hunt within city limits with the proper permissions from land owners.

NRA is a bunch of bull**** these days and I will no longer support their lies.

My 2 cents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.