Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Posting: Can & Will Be Used Against You >

Posting: Can & Will Be Used Against You

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Posting: Can & Will Be Used Against You

Old 12-31-2009, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Exactly, That's why when members ask how many guns do you have, or show us your guns you'll never see me give any information.You never know who's looking over your shoulder.I haven't read this entire post so something like this might have already been brought up.With one of the most anti gun presidents in history at the helm,there's no way I will give any un-necessary information.
No ! I'm not being paranoid, we're dealing with allot different government then we did at anytime in history.
It might not be as easy for a individual to findout where someone is going through a internet provider. The Gov't and Law Enforcement wouldn't have problem finding out who you are and where your at.
What it boils down to on the internet, The less you say the better off you are.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:15 PM
Banned

......then this one time a friend of my cousins boyfriends fathers sisters brothers had a deer that had two heads and they called the FDI to come check his tags, but it got ground with the hamburger....

1. Move away from Michigan
2. Find some new friends
Old 01-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

The DNR nor the police admitted to tapping the phones. They simply admitted to knowing calls were made. They'd claim they didn't block off the neighborhood because they only put one car at each end and folks could still pass.

Everyone saying you have rights and what not, wait till you're in such a situation and your presented with an easy out or a very expensive litigious route. Things like getting to work, feeding your family, possibly losing your job come to mind real quick.

For the record the person who possibly committed this crime, because I don't know, is not my friend. He is a friend of a friend.

I hope that folks get something from this. Don't post stupid things on the net. Not even things that may be considered stupid in the future, like who needs to own 20 rifles or 15 pistols etc....

I know now, that I shouldn't have posted any of the details because I think the message was lost on many. Though I know some folks got it. This is my last post about this subject.

Tom
Old 01-01-2010, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

If these things truly happened as described(which I highly doubt), I would expect a lot of drooling attorneys in that part of MI.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:00 AM
Spike

If this is truly a possible state record then why isnt it a bigger story? Where are the pics of this supposed deer? When the deer was poached in Wilburton OK the story was on this site before the guy was even busted. I would think if there were anything to this story there would be more details and pics floating around.

As far as the point that was being made in this post about being careful what you post ---forget that. I have one better. Dont be freaking poaching or doing any other illegal activity--period. However, if you do please post stories about it on this site, so that your arse can be busted ASAP.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by statjunk

I know now, that I shouldn't have posted any of the details because I think the message was lost on many. Though I know some folks got it. This is my last post about this subject.

Tom
The message is not lost, it's just with the details given and the fact that some of the assertions given cannot be verified in MI regulations most of us are reluctant to take the events at face value.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stat, I agree with you 100%.There is a similar situation going on here now.Guy I know has a relative that shot a monster of a buck with a bow.I ain't getting into time frames here,But it is waaay to suspicious for me They ,Him, or somebody posted some pics of this brute on a cell phone.Been going around for a while .I believe that this deer could possibly be a new state record.Now if the DNR gets involved ( which they should in the case of a record) you know they are going to do a complete investigation up to and probally checking this guy's anal hairs.Everything will come out eventually.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read something on a forum once (I believe that it was on the Big Game forum of this site) where a site moderator had contacted local law enforcement about a poster who had entered a "big buck" contest. The poster was apparently bragging about his deer too much, and it turned out to have been taken in a manner that was not considered either legal or ethical.
The poacher was busted, and the moderator explained what had happened (including his part in this action) on the forum.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

I'll concede the laws in different states are different but the 4th Amendment is a Federal concept. Generally the only way a search this broad can occur without warrants is 1) consent, 2) exigent circumstances, or 3) Probation or Parole search clauses. Although the vehicles might be searched pursuant to "probable cause," as described, this action would have required a search warrant or court order for the IP address and either warrants or one of the aforementioned 3 for each of the houses they searched. Either there's more to this story or the Michigan DNR has a lot of time and resources on their hands....or both.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ol'Mongo
I'll concede the laws in different states are different but the 4th Amendment is a Federal concept. Generally the only way a search this broad can occur without warrants is 1) consent, 2) exigent circumstances, or 3) Probation or Parole search clauses. Although the vehicles might be searched pursuant to "probable cause," as described, this action would have required a search warrant or court order for the IP address and either warrants or one of the aforementioned 3 for each of the houses they searched. Either there's more to this story or the Michigan DNR has a lot of time and resources on their hands....or both.
MI-DNR seems ti fixate unreasonable resources on strange cases (see prior piebald/albino case I referenced) but the case described here seems even beyond that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.