Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Are you planning on buying a new gun in 2010. >

Are you planning on buying a new gun in 2010.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.
View Poll Results: Will you be buying a gun in 2010.
yes first first half of the year
41.67%
yes in the second half of the year.
5.56%
Yes who knows when
36.11%
no I got enough.
16.67%
this will screw everyone when the woman find the thread
0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Are you planning on buying a new gun in 2010.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:09 AM
Typical Buck

Hoping to buy a Browning Silver Hunter 20 ga.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I was planning to but I'm not sure now. I will have a taxidermist bill to pay(not a bad thing) and my son needs a bolt action rifle to deer hunt with. I was looking at either a Sako A7 or a Browning XBolt....chambered in 7mm-08. I may have to wait another year or two.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

This question is kind of like asking me if I plan on getting drunk some time this next year. Well, at my age I don't plan on it, BUT ya just never know when it might happen. In other words, if the right deal comes along, ...........I may find myself just having to have just one more...
Old 12-23-2009, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good to see I ant the only one spending money on guns. Seems alot of us got a Ar rifle on there list. guess most of us are worried they wont be around much longer.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Banned

I'm liking the looks of the T/C Pro Hunter in '06. Thumbhole, camo, blue, fluted 28" barrel, drool drool.
Pro hunter because of the recoil absorbing stock .
Old 12-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been wanting to get me a Savage Rifle in a 7mm-08,blued barrel with the wood stock and the accu-trigger.I priced one so far that will run around $500.00 + tax, also got a friend pricing me one at a place he gets his guns and it is suppose to be a lot cheaper?I plan on buying a Leupold Rifleman Scope in a 3 X 9 X 40MM in the matte finish.I can use standard shells or go with the Remington Managed Recoil Shells.

I've noticed the 7mm-08 shells are readily available here in our area at a reasonable price and I heard the recoil is pretty low on the regular 7mm-08 Rifle.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Banned

imgonnagit anew gin ifi cna affordit but only whan irefinacnemy house imgointo shkip a paymentang get me anew shotgun fist than im goinin get maybe a remington aor a winchesterbut idunnowwhcihione is wethworkkert othe best i like remintotn theybenn arund alot longer and still makdei ng americal..
Old 12-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that's funny... not very kind, but darn funny.

Big Tim,

I really think that you might be serving yourself a lot better to focus your money toward other things right now, like maybe saving for your future. College or not, sooner or later you're going to have to establish yourself, and having a little set aside will go along way toward much more important things than buying a lot of guns... like a proper (20%) down payment for a home.

I'd also strongly council you to drastically reduce the amount of time you spend posting here. You've already admitted that your grades are fair to poor, and you just barely dodged the bullet in your English class and squeaked by with a "D." You also mentioned that you're on the verge of academic probation for a poor GPA. If this is true, you have MUCH better things that you could be doing with your time than pondering your next (two or three?!) gun purchases out loud here, or asking questions ad nauseam regarding said future purchases. Why don't you unplug from the computer and go to the library to study instead. Disclipline yourself to 1/2 hour per day on the 'net for non-school related activities, and then only AFTER your school work is done. You remind me of me so much it's scary, and I've made a truckload of mistakes that I may never get out from under. I have a useless AA degree and 1.5 semesters into a BS in Computer Science, but it is highly likely that my kids (the oldest of whom will be 5 in January) will all finish their college educations before I do. I drive a truck and throw beer for a living to just barely scrape by sometimes, and I'll probably blow my back out by the time I'm 45 (I'm 34). Why? Because I used to do what you're doing right now rather than focusing on what really mattered. By the time I realized how badly I'd messed up my future, it was too late to completely fix it. Now I live with the consequences of my youthful stupidity every day.

Oh, and guess what? The Federal government doesn't give a crap if you don't finish school, but it sure as heck will want its money back with interest. Those student loans you're taking out will come due 6 months after you leave school, graduate or not, and if you don't pay them the gov't has powers to collect that the credit card companies could only dream of. Trust me on this.

Oh, and one last thing. When you do post here, I'd suggest that you treat this forum as if it were a formal writing assignment and proofread and correct your work as such. It'd be excellent practice, and from what I've seen of your writing, you really need it.

Mike

Last edited by driftrider; 12-24-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im plannin on buyin 3 new guns through 2010!A Savage 7mm Mag;Marlin 30-30;.50 ML.(dont know whats the best brand to git,will start a thread b4 i buy 1!LOL!)
Old 12-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Driftrider, you took the words out of my mouth, except for current occupation part, but the rest is spot on. Bigtim, listen to the advise. You will wish you had in a few years.

Back to the post, I have decided on a X-bolt medallion in a 300WSM. Hopefully put a leupol on top. It will be a large bill, but I want to keep this for a long time, so I want it to be what I want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.