Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Winchester M70 Customer Service (FNH) >

Winchester M70 Customer Service (FNH)

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Winchester M70 Customer Service (FNH)

Old 12-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Winchester M70 Customer Service (FNH)

I called Winchester today to see if they could give me some information on the action of the rifle to see if I could find an after market trigger that would fit.

I was told they do not give out this information. Over and over in a very contrite way. Almost to say, you're lucky we even sold you a rifle.

I'm so pissed right now I wish I could ship the rifle back to them.

They won't be seeing any more of my money. I'm not sure I'll ever buy another non-custom gun again. This is total BS.

Tom
Old 12-21-2009, 12:43 PM
bigcountry

Instead of going to them, I would call jewell, or a few other trigger companies and have them suggest a trigger.

Originally Posted by statjunk
I called Winchester today to see if they could give me some information on the action of the rifle to see if I could find an after market trigger that would fit.

I was told they do not give out this information. Over and over in a very contrite way. Almost to say, you're lucky we even sold you a rifle.

They won't be seeing any more of my money. I'm not sure I'll ever buy another non-custom gun again. This is total BS.

Tom

Old 12-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Banned

I wouldn't expect them to offer that info anyway. First, who manufacture is going to recommend aftermarket parts and say their OEM is inferior. Plus, its probably got a lot to do with liability. I can't imagine that their new triggers are that bad, but then again I ain't got one...
Old 12-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why not just have your gunsmith rework the trigger? It'll be fairly painless as opposed to buying an aftermarket trigger and you'll wind up with a great trigger.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't see what you are pissed about. There isn't a single manufacturer that is going to reccomend tht you replace OEM parts for after market parts and if you do they will void your warranty.

If you had a Ruger with an after market trigger on it and you had to sed it back to them for work they will remove your trigger, throw it in the trash and replace it with a factory trigger, charge you for it and after you pay for it send it back.

I'm not sure why you would need to replace the FNH trigger any way.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

why not have a gunsmith adjust the trigger for you.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

The trigger should be adjustable by a good gunsmith.
I completely understand the factory's answer.
To me it is like calling Detroit and asking for a NAPA filter
Old 12-22-2009, 03:02 AM
Fork Horn

Tom
LOl. Now that IS funny. I cannot believe that anyone would call a manufacturer and ask for a recommendation on an aftermarket replacement part for their product.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tom

Is the factory trigger that bad?
Old 12-22-2009, 03:46 AM
Spike

I'm sort of with the rest of the crowd on this, I would never call a manufacturer and ask what replacement parts they would recommend. I would assume they would recommend theirs. The triggers on todays rifles are that way because of lawyers. Go to midway, do a search for winchester triggers, read the reviews and go from there. Good luck with your quest
Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.