Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
i give up no more never again. >

i give up no more never again.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

i give up no more never again.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

pnut, I will generally agree with you on BSA scopes. However for some strange reason their 4 x 32 holds on anything I have put them on. They have decent clarity and hold on everything from a savage ml II to at least a 8mm06. I've got about 5 of them floating around here and one went bad but for a $25 scope that ain't bad (and nope it isn't worth the postage to send it in for replacement)
Old 12-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I knew when they recommend the bsa scope i would regret it. If i had bought the nikon or even another good brand i would know it was the mounting or base not the scope. Guess i will try to tighten it up and if it is still off get a good scope. Heck maybe it will work on an air rifle
Old 12-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
I knew when they recommend the bsa scope i would regret it. If i had bought the nikon or even another good brand i would know it was the mounting or base not the scope. Guess i will try to tighten it up and if it is still off get a good scope. Heck maybe it will work on an air rifle
You can forget the air rifle. They'll bust that scope quicker than crap.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

These guys are right, the chance of getting a 10/22 that is accurate from the factory is a gamble. I have several of them and only one of them is accurate, the rest I have worked over to make them shoot well. Trust me it is easy to make them beeter with little knowledge and money. Get yourself some books and give it a try, you will be surprised at what you can do. Hell one of my kids dropped one of them on the muzzle and messed up the end of the barrel, I cut it off with a dremmel and put a crown back on it and it shoots like a dream.