Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
remington 700 >

remington 700

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

remington 700

Old 12-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default remington 700

Ok i have been wanting a bolt action rifle. I am leaning toward the 700 for a few reasons. Seems alot of people like them and there not to over priced. There is a new gun store in town so i went over to check them out. He has one in 7mm with a scope on it i think it is a bushnell as it looks like the scope on the other 700 and it is a bushnell. it looks new or as new might be used i did not ask. he is asking 430 for it with the scope. Is that a good price. he also had the same gun in a 300 which i am assuming is a 300 win mag but the tag did not say win mag. for 360 or 375 can't remember which. Is that a good price. which caliber is better.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 300 will definately handle everything on the North American continent. Heavier bullet selection available. There isn't any flies on the 7mm either. I shot a 300 for over 20 years, and am sorry that I sold it.
As to rifle selection, Remington has left a bad taste in my mouth. Check out the Rugers.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good prices. 7mmRM or 300WM would both be nice. Love my 7.

Check out the weatherby vanguard, savages, ruger 77s, winchester 70s too (for the money). Can't really go wrong, they're proven performers.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why not !

Both are good "deals", if they are in good shape.

I think you might look at upgrading the scope.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

for those prices with a bushy scope sounds like the 770 packages. The 770's are a far cry from what a M700 is.. they are remingtons econo rifle for those who dont want to spend the money on a M700. if you can't get a M700 you would be much better off with one of their 798 models over a junk 770.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by redgreen
Remington has left a bad taste in my mouth.
me too, wont buy another.

check out this link , click the link on that page comparing a rem barrel to a custom.

http://www.riflebarrels.com/
Old 12-05-2009, 04:55 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by zrexpilot

check out this link , click the link on that page comparing a rem barrel to a custom.

Dan's stuff just freakin rules. Thats just the bottom line. I have had krieger, douglas, lilja. And I think from now on, lilja is my one stop shopping center for barrels. I liked the krieger, but I had heat cracks fairly quick for some reason near the throat on a 300RUM, and not sure why it happened. Smith blamed the barrel, Krieger blamed the reamer.

Old 12-05-2009, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-18-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by zrexpilot

Not really a fair comparison to make. No doubt the custom barrel will be better. I'm sure you could compare any factory barrel with the Lilja's and you would see the same results. It would be interesting to see....maybe a Sako barrel to see how it compares though.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Authority
Dan makes a pretty good tube. That old link is obviously cajoled hype,to sell his tubes and lotsa folks fall for it.

Smart business,because sheep are easily fleeced.
No, a rifles performance sells itself, About the last 5 rems I shot were junk, so they wont sell anymore to me.

When cutting a barrel the very first barrel cut with the tool will be the best , everyone after that gets worse and worse until a new tool is installed, I think rem just mass produces and cares less if the 100th barrell is as good as the first.
I think thats why some rems shoot and some dont.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.