Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
7mm Allen Mag / 7mm-338 Lapua? >

7mm Allen Mag / 7mm-338 Lapua?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

7mm Allen Mag / 7mm-338 Lapua?

Old 11-24-2009, 04:58 AM
Fork Horn

I would have no use for either but I would like to know which one could make the throat stay in one piece in 500 shots!! I'd bet both would clean the first 1/4 inch of rifling out in no time.. that's alot of powder being burnt in a .284 diameter, alot!! I would more than likely go up in bore diameter.. the good ole. .308 would change things alot and the barrels would remaing in one piece alot longer.. could you imagine the spider cracks in the throat in 300 shots.. it would look like a tarantula live there..other than long range banging and I mean really long range banging what would the need be for such a toy other that to say that you got's one.......
Old 11-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks RR. Right now my main objective is to learn. Application can wait.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I understand that sniper's definitly like the .338 Lupua !
Old 11-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Busheler
Another open invite for the consumate liar RR,to muse her .8" 300yd agg's and the Greenhill for her imagined 200's in the 9".

For starters,then it'll get uphill and rather steep........................

You know, I used to get pi$$ed at Rifle Looney as he was known as on here some time ago....now going by Relentless Pursuit,Busheler, and several others too. Just the fact that he does this thing ought to let anyone with a bit of common sense realize what type of individual you are dealing with. The man is a total loudmouth, braggard, and socially unacceptable. The really sad thing is that he does have a fairly good amount of knowledge about a lot of things relative to this forum. Unfortunately, he has to scream them at the top of his lungs while trying to belittle anyone else who would care to contribute. He's got the classic "Look at me---Look at me!!" syndrome down to a fine art.

I'm gonna sit back and wait for his star to burn out again, which it always does, and continue to be amused at the 13-yr. old "attitude" that just simply oozes from this clown.

Carry on, Rifle Looney, Relentless Pursuit, Busheler, and whatelse you are currently calling yourself....Gotta feel sorry for anyone on here who misses this show..It needs to be presented on a regular basis to newcomers on here, just so they can see how some of the "other one's" live....and the best part of it all is that he performs for free...!!! (laffin'...grin, grin..).....
Old 11-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Busheler
Another open invite for the consumate liar RR,to muse her .8" 300yd agg's and the Greenhill for her imagined 200's in the 9".

For starters,then it'll get uphill and rather steep........................
Actually...Greenhill says a 1/9 WILL work...JBM says a 1/10 is needed...

They keyhole out of my 1/10 7mm RM...
Old 11-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Jeep, a 1/10 may work at 7mm AM velocities, couldn't say for sure, I know a 9 will, I'm still shooting 160 accubonds in mine, took 2 deer the last couple days, 340 and 725 yards.

RR
Oops, I typed that wrong...JBM says 1/8, Greenhill said 1/9...too many numbers in the mind these days!!

Did you get any 200grainers yet?
Old 11-28-2009, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

nope, still waiting.
RR
I'll send ya a box if you send me a loaded 7mm AM round back...
Old 11-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

deal!
PM me your addy
RR
You have a PM