Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Three questions need answers now dang it. >

Three questions need answers now dang it.

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Three questions need answers now dang it.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Spike

go to your auto part store

ask them where the spray on bed liner is or car undercoating in spray can

sounds like good idea and i think would work
Old 11-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I really like my bogpod, easy to use, steady and interchangeable with rifles. Took my speed goat at 400+yards from a kneeling position this fall. Worth the pennies IMO.
Attached Thumbnails Three questions need answers now dang it.-2009-antelope.jpg  
Old 11-01-2009, 09:12 PM
afp
Spike

It doesn't sound like a very stable set up for target shooting, but I think in terms of bench rest stability. For prone and offhand, a tight leather sling makes the rifle amazingly stable. And a tight sling with a bipod--seated or prone--is also very stable.

Exactly what kind of shooting are you planning to be doing with this setup?
Old 11-02-2009, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might try using a piece of 2" angle iron for the "v" and lining the inside with a nice piece of thick leather. That's what I used for the rest portion of a tramp-in-the-ground portable rest I built years ago.....
Old 11-02-2009, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just a general observation....I have three camera tripods, several rifle bipods and a couple sets of shooting stix. NOt knowing exactly how you plan on using this "tripod" arrangement I would suggest you consider that 'deploying a camera tripod which is generally a leisure event is far and away slower than the typical rifle bipod. Shooting sticks can be at the ready almost instantly.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I thought about that but most of my hunting is still hunting. I am to big and make to much noise stalking through the woods. Most of the time it will be setup way in advance of a deer coming by
Originally Posted by skb2706
Just a general observation....I have three camera tripods, several rifle bipods and a couple sets of shooting stix. NOt knowing exactly how you plan on using this "tripod" arrangement I would suggest you consider that 'deploying a camera tripod which is generally a leisure event is far and away slower than the typical rifle bipod. Shooting sticks can be at the ready almost instantly.