Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Savage 10 FP-LE2? >

Savage 10 FP-LE2?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Savage 10 FP-LE2?

Old 05-21-2003, 05:20 AM

Default Savage 10 FP-LE2?

I recently posted regarding two rifles, 308' s in Savage and Tikka.

I' m leaning towards the Savage Law Enforcement Series 10 FP-LE2 (Because of cost, synthetic, accu-trigger, 26" Hvy Barrel). Its not going to be used for competitive shooting, more as a range gun to have fun with, improve my shooting skills and to be used for deer in the fall.

Wanted to know from owners of this rifle what they liked/disliked about it? Would they buy another one or something else (I' ve been hearing allot, good and bad, about the Rem 700 P or PSS).

Old 05-21-2003, 09:24 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Savage 10 FP-LE2?

If you got the cash, I would go for that FN SPR. Thats one good rifle. Shoot yea, its accurate, yea, the finish is rock hard over simple blueing, yea, the fit and finish is great. But what impressed me about the gun was the chrome lined barrel. No thoat errosion. Cleans copper out in two swipes. Shoot all day with no accuracy degration. Man, you can shoot rocks almost out out of this gun accurately. Has a CRF winchester 70 action.

Down side, its heavy, cost 1300 dollars. Upside, I would rather have that barrel and action combo than any custom. Now with that said I got a PSS 300RUM. Got it rebarreled with a Kreiger Varmit contour and its shoots great. But I do know one day I will have to rebarrel again due to throat errosion.