Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Rare laminated Savage for Savage gunheads >

Rare laminated Savage for Savage gunheads

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Rare laminated Savage for Savage gunheads

Old 06-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Banned

Default Rare laminated Savage for Savage gunheads

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=50033688 I wanted any of you guys looking for a rare Savage in on a gun I have seen on gunbroker. I bought one identical to it in .300 wsm a couple of months back and couldn't be happier. These are a factory Savage weather warrior with a laminated, checkered stock and accutrigger. Savage made a limited run of these for a distributor and evidentally this guy got a hold of a few. I found mine on gunbroker and gave $450 NIB. The fit and finish on mine is impeccable and it will put 3 bullets under a dime at 100 yds. Just wanted to let you know about these rare Savages Here is mine

Old 06-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Banned

Default RE: Rare laminated Savage for Savage gunheads

Here is a group I shot with mine today at 100 yds using Federal factory 180 gr ammo

Old 06-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

What is the rare portion?...(caliber I guess?)

Nice looking gun in any case..

That gun has been on there for 2 months and no one has purchased one yet. (actually none of the manycalibers available...)

Isn't that the same gun available here as well...
http://www.ozarkguns.com/rifles/sav/savage_16bss.htm
(priced reduced...doesn't imply too much demand...surprising)
Old 06-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: jcchartboy

What is the rare portion?...(caliber I guess?)

Nice looking gun in any case..

That gun has been on there for 2 months and no one has purchased one yet. (actually none of the manycalibers available...)

Isn't that the same gun available here as well...
http://www.ozarkguns.com/rifles/sav/savage_16bss.htm
(priced reduced...doesn't imply too much demand...surprising)
Rare part is that Savage doesn't build a laminated stock stainless steel sporter rifle or offer them in their catalogs or any gunshops. You can not buy these anywhere unless you find one like this guy is offering.I called Savage and they said that they built what she thought only 200 of these guns...she didn't have the exact #..just told me that they are rare.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Banned

On your sight I don't think those have the accutrigger . How can you tell how long it has been on the Gunbroker sight? It looks to me that it has only been on since yesterday.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

On your sight I don't think those have the accutrigger
Maybe that is what makes yours rare...

I have found them currently for sale in multiple places..maybe those ones just don't have the accutrigger...
Old 06-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did a little research for you....

--------------
Also...couldn't anyone just buy a replacement laminate stock and putit on a standard synthetic stocked model and have the same gun?

Here is the exact stock for sale...
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=622197
-------------------------
Looks to me like a standard production gun that theymade for more than one year, (thus the accutrigger and nonaccutrigger models.) Also it appears as if it was written about in major publications. Most likely they ceased production due to slow sales would be my guess...

Guns & Loads

Savage Model 16BSS
By Daryl Carson

Part of Savage's Weather Warrior series, the 16BSS joins the short-magnum crowd and does so in a package designed to hunt in all types of conditions. Now chambered in both .270 WSM and 7mm WSM, the stainless steel action is dual-pillar bedded and matched with a free-floated barrel. The 24-inch button-rifled barrel is built for out-of-the-box accuracy. An internal box magazine holds two rounds, and the rifle weighs 7 3/4 pounds. Available in both brown laminate and synthetic stocks. Suggested retail: $668. Savage, (413) 568-7001, www.savagearms.com
http://www.huntingmag.com/guns_loads/savage_0205/
-----------------
Apparently the NRA was selling em too...

http://www.nrafoundation.org/friends/Savage.asp

The 16BSS Weather Warrior is made by Savage Arms, Inc. . This stainless steel 300 WSM Short Action rifle with a laminated brown stock features a 3-9x40 Simmons 8 point scope mounted and bore sighted. The NRA Medallion is inserted in the stock.

Old 06-03-2006, 08:14 PM

I was just out and about in southern MI and Northern OH looking at gun stores and large chains. I saw a bunch of laminated savages with the accutrigger. Pretty much every savage you see now has the accu trigger. I think my local gunstore probably has about 5 of them in stock right now from 17HMR to 30-06.

I think someone wants you to think they are rare.

The only thing I could see being rare about it is the light sporter barrel. Most have the heavy barrel instead. Not really a plus to me, probably don't see many of them because they didn't sell well. I would rather have the heavy barrel on a laminated stock. If I want light I will go with a synthetic stock.

Paul
Old 06-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had one about twenty years ago in 338. Of course they didnt have the accu trigger yet then.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Banned

Thanks for the research.. I have seen that Nra medallion one with no accutrigger. Savage doesn't show that these accutrigger ones with sporter bblsexist in their catalogs or website..I am going by what the Savage Rep told me about the few that were made.. Laminated heavy bbls are readily available; just the sporter in accutrigger isn't..who knows..all I know is that she will put 3 bullets inside of a dime and I like laminated better than synthetic. I have seen guys have to have a custom built gun at three times the price for this kind of accuracy..Gotta love those Savages..every one of my six Savages shoot like this one..coincidence..I think not

Quick Reply: Rare laminated Savage for Savage gunheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.