Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
H&R's Ultra Slug Guns >

H&R's Ultra Slug Guns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

H&R's Ultra Slug Guns

Old 10-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

We experienced the ejector issue with the H&R my nephew recently bought. The ejector was actually too tight of a radius than than the brass. It was putting a nice dent in the brass. It went back to H&R and they replaced the ejector. I have honed the ejectors on all my H&R single shots and I just got done stoning that ejector last night.

You can also place a BB or small ball bearing under the ejector spring if desired. I put one in one and tried it but then took it out. It caused the "click" to be much louder and I really don't need to send my empties sailing 20 feet.

We'll be hitting the targets this weekend to have everything set for deer season.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Spike

Default Where is H&R USH Thumbhole available

I can't find this in 20 Gauge anywhere. Does anyone know of a place that has it? I tried local shops and no one caries it. I live near Allentown PA but I am willing to buy from anywhere.

Kamran
Old 11-03-2009, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

kamran, not sure if you can purchase here in NJ, but it maybe worth a shot and asking some of the shops here.

Try Jim Flynn's Truck Repair, he is located in Glen Gardner, NJ on Rt. 31 a few miles north off Rt. 78, he doesn't have guns in stock, he orders them, and has them in, in less then 5 days
Old 11-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Spike

I can't purchase in NJ, already checked with a shop in Phillipsburg, NJ. But I can purchase in Delaware. It just seems that the 3-4 shops I talked to are not interested in ordering, they don't return call and when I call they say they can't find it. I guess because it is an inexpensive gun. One would have thought that in these economic times sellers would go the extra mile to get business.

May be I should call the company and find out some of their biggest dealers that may have it in stock.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Spike

I picked mine up at Gander Mountain here in Indiana. The twelve guage kicks somethin fierce. Just got it sighted in and its shooting a group the size of an orange at 100 yards. Can't wait to get into the stand with it.