Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Zeiss

Old 05-13-2003, 01:48 PM

Default RE: Zeiss

I own a Swarvoski 4x12x50 and it is a great scope,but after looking at the conquest i can honestly say that the Zeiss will be my next scope. They are great scopes!

Oh yeah i still love my Swarovski.............
Old 05-13-2003, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

See I knew Woodseye would come to the rescue with real time data!
Old 05-13-2003, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys are awesome! Not just a bunch of dribble saying, " Buy a Bushnell $20 scope! It' s the best ever ' cause I said so!" but real facts and honest opinion.

I always try to buy optics to last a lifetime, now that I' m a little older and don' t lose/break things all the time like when I was younger. I' m determined to keep the price of the scope less than the rifle but this one will be close
Old 05-13-2003, 08:33 PM

l probably go 1.75x6 Leupold because Leupolds are a proven scope and can take a beating
FWIW, that scope lasted 20 rounds for me on a Guide Gun. I think a lot of scope reliablity is the luck of the draw.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:40 PM

I will add that I have both a 3x9x40 Conquest and a 3.5x10x44mm Conquest. I feel like they are the best 2 scopes that I have. Both are noticably brighter and crisper than my Vari X III scopes.

I think one of the problems with the Leupold Vari X III series is the reticle. The standard duplex is rather fine, which causes the shooter to lose ther reticle earlier in the day that they should. The Leupold Heavy duplex is just too darn heavy for me. Zeiss' ZPlex reticle is in between and a perfect compromize for target shooting, mid-day hunting, and low light hunting conditions.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

The guy at the shop mentioned something about the crosshairs on the Vari-X III. They changed it so the normal crosshair from last year is the fine this year. The heavy of old is the normal now.

I like the idea of the crosshairs being etched on the glass. Seems the best way to keep that risk to a minimum.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wise man told me once you are best to spend as much on a scope as the rifle you top it with. Might be a bit much, but basically as much scope as you can realistically afford. I always weigh how much I use the combo and what it' s intend use will be. For a main stay biggame rifle I want to not cut any corners, but for a gun that lives mostly in the cabinet and see' s the odd varmit hunt then I will lower the bar.

You have set the bar at the conquest/vari x III level for price and models, only look at scope that compare directly with them and pick the one you truly feel the best about...in the end I guarantee you' ll be happy. (Most offer lifetime warranties, so if their is troubles a head they will fix them...as a fall back).

I will tell you many have discouraged me from buying certain equipment in the past, but if I am truly following what I want, feel and believe than I have been always pleased with my desicion. The only time I haven' t been happy is when I have let others talk me out of what I wanted for what they felt was the best.

Good Luck and enjoy your Zeiss
Old 05-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m sure I will. Just need to make sure I get the right rings for it too. The guy at D & R sports tells me to call him and he' ll put together a package when it' s time to order. Just need to round up the funds and I' ll be ready to order.

I' ve had the same experience as you skeeter. When I get what I truley believe is the best I' m always happy. The only time I' ve not is when I' ve not bought a better, more expensive item that was worth the extra money.

Got any suggestions on a good pair of 10x40 binos?
Old 05-20-2003, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I did it. I called up D & R Sports (www.dnrsports.com) and ordered it Friday.

Just curious, you that have ordered from them, how long does it take? I ordered Friday morning and they still haven' t processed my order and sent me tracking numbers. By my watch currently it' s Tuesday around 5 pm. Seems like they should have had it in the mail by now.

Just curious....
Old 05-20-2003, 06:50 PM

They have the best and lowest prices and the poorest service.I have had them take up to a week to get a scope out and on its way.Sometimes you never recieve tracking info as the scope finially comes on its own.Longest they ever tied me up with excuses and double talk was 16 days,still I like saving the extra money so I have put up with it thus far.

woods

Quick Reply: Zeiss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.