Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Worthless Firearm? >

Worthless Firearm?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Worthless Firearm?

Old 07-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Spike

Default Worthless Firearm?

Just for fun thread. Does anyone have one of those firearms that was not supposed to be worth a hill of beans? I have a S&W Model 916 12ga. that I bought in 1973 and has been rated amoung the top three worst shotguns ever made. This poor son of a gun has been through more cold,rain,windy days in a duck blind and more dry,hot dusty days in a dove field than I can recall. It has dropped more birds than can possibly remember. I guess it's a good thing for me that I never read those reviews until just recently. Any body else have one of those kind of weapons?
Old 07-14-2009, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't have it any longer but at one time my father owned a Rohm 22 lr. revolver. It was nearly as deadly to actually shoot the gun as it was to be in front of it when someone else did. It was a POS in every way a gun could be and gave accuracy a whole new propective.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:20 AM
Fork Horn

I own a Remington Model 710 in 30-06, nobody likes it but me it seems. Only issue I've had was when the step daughter took it to a pawn shop, without me knowing till it was to late, they slapped the clip in backwards. Had to take it to a local gun shop to have it removed.

Don
Old 07-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dman4505
I own a Remington Model 710 in 30-06, nobody likes it but me it seems. Only issue I've had was when the step daughter took it to a pawn shop, without me knowing till it was to late, they slapped the clip in backwards. Had to take it to a local gun shop to have it removed.

Don
Kid pawning (read: stealing) parent's stuff behind their back... hmm... can you say drug problem? I'd be worried.

I have a Traditions Buckhunter Pro ML that I cannot find the breechplug wrench for. It's a good gun, but I can't shoot it because I can't take it apart afterward.

Mike
Old 07-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

LOL, guess it would be a S&W Sigma VG40.....thing had the most impossible trigger I EVER tried to use!!!!!!!kept it about a year and traided it for a mod 39! I got the better end of the trade! Even sent it back to Smith...they refused to correct the problem!
Dan
Old 07-16-2009, 02:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah....A Rem 592 in 5mm magnum.

Not only did the ammo become unavailable for a while...the gun was an absolute piece.

I loved the caliber, and when the gun functioned it was the perfect groundhog medicine...BUT, the gun had more work done to it than Pamela Anderson.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:40 AM
Fork Horn

Kid pawning (read: stealing) parent's stuff behind their back... hmm... can you say drug problem? I'd be worried.

I have a Traditions Buckhunter Pro ML that I cannot find the breechplug wrench for. It's a good gun, but I can't shoot it because I can't take it apart afterward.

Mike[/quote]

Didn't have a gun safe at the time, do now so they stay locked up. We had a rather long discussion about that as well. I have a guard dog like yours, he's a Siberian Husky mix and loves everyone.

Don
Old 07-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any thing made by Taurus fits that bill. In my book anyway.

Tom
Old 07-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

REMINGTON ,22 cal . model VIPER semi-auto ..piece of JUNK

TRADITION PURSUIT LT 50 cal. ...................piece of real JUNK