Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.30-06

Old 07-18-2009, 08:01 PM

Default .30-06

really like the way the a-bolt white gold medallion looked and felt yesterday. it is topped with a nice Leupold.
problem is that i can't find any reviews on this rifle. range/field
like new for $900.00
can anyone tell me about this rifle as far as quality,durability,and accuracy goes? I know the specs and where it it made already. still thinking about buying it.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

JMHO,Depends on which loopy it has I would think min.of Vari X III to make it worth it.But It has always been worth a little more to me for a rifle that's fits perfect.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wink my $.02

To answer your questions,,, good, good, and good. It's just a personal preference though. I don't care for the low end Leupy's so a VX3 would work just fine.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here you go.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/a-bolt.htm

Hope this helps.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an A-boilt in 30.06. It is without a doubt my most accurate big game rifle. It almost pisses me off because I have several Remington 700's that I have spent so much dough on and this is still my best shooter. I took it to the range the other day and it was the same thing over and over. Tight little groups until the barrel would heat up and then it would open up just a little. Let her cool down and right back to tight little groups. I was shooting cheap 165 grain Remington Core Lokt. It seems to shoot the 180 grain just as well.