Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 who uses a bore snake? >

who uses a bore snake?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

who uses a bore snake?

Old 04-30-2003, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default who uses a bore snake?

Wondered who uses these and how do u like it? I just picked one up for around 17$ for my 270 wsm for when i break it in next week. Do u run a wet patch with some disolvent through the gun first then the snake, or do u just pull the snake through or? I have some shooters choice cleaner also, anyone else try this brand? Also when u wash/clean your bore snake it says " Band securely or use wash bag for machine cleaning" does that just mean put a few rubberbands on it and toss it in or what?
Old 04-30-2003, 11:42 PM

Default RE: who uses a bore snake?

I have been using the bore snake for a number of years. However, it is not my primary means of cleaning. I bring the snake whenever I go hunting. If I manage to get snow into the barrel, hunting in Manitoba & Saskatchewan its fairly common, I simply run the snake through it. I also apply a little dab of oil to the end of the snake when bringing in the gun over night during the hunting season. As for washing it, I hand wash it with dish soap and rinse the living hell out of it with cold water.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:06 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-01-2003, 09:36 AM

I use mine at the range if I am going to be shooting a lot of rounds.
Ijust drag it through after every 10 shots or so.
I don' t clean my barrels during the hunting seasons. I just drag a bore snake through them before I go and after I get back.
If you get any grit or water in your barrel when hunting they are great to have so you can drag one through the barrel and off you go.
They do not truly clean a barrel in the sense that they get all the copper out.
They are great for a quick touch up however.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:37 AM

To clean them I tie them in a sock and run them through the washer, then hang to dry.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:06 AM

i use both shotgun bore snakes and rifle snakes. but i use them like the rest. i carry them in my truck up in maine while hunting. so if i do get debri in the barrel or rain just give it a once over. if i am gonna clean it good i use my cleaning rod.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

so i guess i need to run to the store and get a bronze brush when i do the break in?
Old 05-01-2003, 06:00 PM

why would you need a bronze brush to break in your rifle? i like to use the tephlon brushes.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

If u cant tell im rather new to stuff. Besides ive never seen anything around here besides the bronze brushes.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I carry them in my pack while hunting and they are very handy out in the field . I lucked out in Wally World and got them for $ 7.00 apiece on a closeout rack .

Quick Reply: who uses a bore snake?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.