Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Open Carry?

Old 05-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Open Carry?

As posted, in Ky, it's always been legal for open carry but gained ccw in the 90s. I carry open when on the farm or in the woods. When in public, I carry concealed unless I happen to go to town in between hunting such as lunch breaks or whatever. That's when I do come out of the woods during the day.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Open carry is fine in Iowa, if you want to find out what prison food tastes like! [:@]

The only time open carry is legal is if you are actively engaged in hunting or target shooting. Anywhere else in public, and you'll not get a warm reception from law enforcement.

CCW is Iowa is a whole different story... let's just say that it's "legal", but there is not equal representation under the law for CCW in Iowa. We are "may issue".

Mike

Old 05-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

Legal to carry open in Tn..I just got my permit last month and have been carrying my Walteher P99 on a outside the pant holster.Its no totaly open carry because my shirt covers most of it.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's amazing how far we let them tear downsome of our rights, like..."the right to keep and BEARarms, or.....shall not be infringed upon!!

Our government needs an enema! It's our own fault for not keeping a closer eye on the ones we elected. [:@]
Old 05-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

In NC you can open carry unless someone complains. If they do complain you have just committed a midsemeanor.
If you have a Concealed Carry License but choose to open carry, and someone complains it is a felony.
Go figure.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Like stalkingbear, I live in Kentucky which is an open carry state. However, unless I am engaged in hunting, I carry it concealed.

About 14 years ago I moved from southeastern Kentucky to central Kentucky.On my way hunting (on a farm in central Kentucky), I stopped by a gas station to buy a couple of soft drinks. Being use to open carry in eastern Kentucky, it never occurred to me that a man wearing a heavy beard, in full camo, with a camo handkerchief (dewrag) tied on his head, with a .45 auto openly carried in a shoulder holster, strolling into a gas station at 4:30 AM would elicit panic (after all, my shotgun was visually hanging on a rack in my pickup). I was actually surprised when I went to pay for theCokes to find the cashier hiding behind the register praying. I actually had to ask the cashier to take my money!

Since then, I have tried to avoid giving cashiers nervous breakdowns by simply concealing the handgun.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

PA is an open carry state...

but unless im in my home, hunting, or at the range, i conceal.

reasons? drawing unwanted attention to myself.

there was a lady that open carried to a soccer game...i am pretty sure it was off school grounds...but someone called the police and they kinda went nuts..pulled her permit and this and that...she ended up getting it all back...she was perfectly legal...

also, i conceal for protection purposes...if your in public and got a gun on your hip, you are going to be the first target for anyone that decides to do anything froggy...

and who knows...someone sees a gun on your hip while your paying for gas and decides they are going to steal themselves a pistol...

just stuff like that keep me concealing mine...

no big deal to me...i can still get it out when i need to..and noone else knows its there...i carried a fullsized auto on a regular ole pancake holster for a couple months to my buddies farm just under a shirt and he never knew i had it...he was actually shocked i had somethin so big on my hip and he never knew..thats with an outside the pants holster and a fullsized auto while milking cows and sitting around the house lol...
Old 05-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

It's legal in WV. I carry openly from time to time.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:45 AM

Concealed carry only in MS.In addition,you must go through an application process that includes a background check to get a concealed carry permit.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:02 PM

Indiana is an open carry state.

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

I moved to ky when i was 18 and found out it was open carry. Then i found out in ky you must be 21 to carry. Which it was 18 in indiana. But indiana is a a no open carry. When i move back to ky i will be carrying everywhere,

Quick Reply: Open Carry?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.