Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 AR manufacturer question >

AR manufacturer question

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

AR manufacturer question

Old 04-02-2009, 12:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: AR manufacturer question

There are only two to stay away from I am aware of.
High Standard, they just weren't known for great quality.
The next has many names. They produce trash and will not honor their warranty. The result has been bankruptcy every few years and a rename to dupe the consumer. They are Hesse, Joekin, Vulcan and Blackthorne.
Besides those two brands any are great quality. All are already listed but I favor Double Star, Saber Defense, Rock River, Stag and Bushmaster in that order. Any of the other big manufacturers are great as well, they just costa bit more for the name IMHO.

wjyarkiell no there is only the 20 rd size 5 rd for the BM. The beowulf has the 5 rd and 30 rd size 7 rd. BM is just using the single shot block off plate on top of a follower so you could make your own 7 rd if you have, or want to get a 450. I got rid of the 450 and went to the beowulf due to more energy and already reloading another .50 caliber catridge. I found out they both use the same piece above the follower so I just bought some and converted my 223 mags for the beowulf. I like the 20 rd size though. It snags less on brush while hunting.

Blessings