Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 galco skyops IWB holster >

galco skyops IWB holster

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

galco skyops IWB holster

Old 03-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default galco skyops IWB holster

anyone happen to ever use a galco skyops IWB holster???

looking for a good holster to carry a full sized pistol (sig 226) in the summer.

with my pancake holster now, its just too noticeable in a t-shirt if i do anything other than stand and the t-shirt has to be a bit bigger to hide it then...

cold temps when i got a button down on(untucked) or a hooded sweatshirt on, i have no problems concealing it...

looking for something for the summer months when i got a t-shirt on...i know galco holsters are good holsters...

reviews seem good...some dont like that its hard to draw from because the fit is so tight...i have no issue with that...i want that. im pretty active and like to have my pistol on my hip...feel naked without it...so i rather have some retention....actually going to ditch the open top pancake soon as well just because i rather have more retention...one minute i could be at the grocery store, the next i could be workin on the farm...dont really need the pistol on my hip at the farm, but its a pain to have to take it off and find somewhere safe for it to be, then put it back on when im done...same with anything else...could be doing one thing one minute, the next im a bit more active...

so anyone ever use the holster?? comments? others to look at??

i know the easy thing to do is buy a smaller pistol...but i like my full sized pistol...might goto a 229 or 239...but a holster is alot cheaper of a fix right now...if i can find on that will conceal it with just a t-shirt on...(t-shirt will be untucked...just so noone thinks im trying to hide a full sized pistol with a tucked in shirt...though they claim the skyops was designed just for that purpose....

i know hiding a full sized pistol when bending over and moving weird ways will likely be impossible...thats not an issue really...just dont want it showing when im out in public which is usually standing and walking around....
Old 03-29-2009, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: galco skyops IWB holster

I've never used that particular holster, but galco holsters are pretty good.

I don't really like the IWB holsters with a single belt clip (like the Skyops)for a full sized pistol, there just isn't enough there to keep it from shifting around. I would say a good IWB pancake holster with two belt clips would be the best to conseal a full sized pistol. Heck, I use one for a small Bersa .380.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

mauser06, I use a Mitch Rosen's Express Line IWB, it uses a plastic J-hook to wrap over your pants and under your belt to hold it in place and also lets you tuck your shirt in between the holster and your pants if you choose to. I didnt care for the plastic J-hook that came on the holster so I replaced it with the J-hook off my Desantis Undercover which is basicly the same holster but made of nylon instead of leather, I didnt like it because re-holstering was a pain in the but. It keeps the pistol up high and tight to my side all day and doesnt move around, I carry a Glock 30 and unles I bend over there is no printing of the weapon.If I dont think about it, I dont even know its there, my only problem with the holster is due to the fact that it has an open face, it lets the lint off your close get up into the holster and all over the pistol, it just makes me wipe it down more often than with a closed face. I cant comment on the Galco, but I can say I've been wearring the Mitch Rosen for five years now and havent thought about another holster!.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

I use a desantis pro stealth iwb for my glock and find it to be a bit more comfortable than my friends galco. but thats just my opinion, I do wear t-shirts with it as well.