Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 pistol shooting----low >

pistol shooting----low

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

pistol shooting----low

Old 03-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pistol shooting----low

Neal,

I'm starting to wonder if we aren't related... [8D]

That was uncanny!

Mike

Old 03-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

We MIGHT be related Mike! You're the smarter 1 however-you're much better with words. Neil
Old 03-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

We MIGHT be related Mike! You're the smarter 1 however-you're much better with words. Neil
Thank you for the compliment, but that might not be completely true... have you read the New York Times lately? That whole place is full of drooling morons with decent writing skills!

I am smart enough to never consider writing for the New York Times, however! [8D]

Mike

Old 03-23-2009, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

The reason a lighter bullet load will print lower point of aim is the higher velocity in relation to the recoil of the pistol. In other words, the pistol don't have as much time to raise the barrel during recoil before the bullet leaves the barrel. Heavier bullets produce more recoil and exit the barrel after it's raised in recoil a bit more.
Exactly!
Old 03-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx for the info guys...i'll keep that in mind for when i get a pistol that truely does shoot high or low...makes perfect sense...

glad i was able to cure myself in 1 range session...now i just gotta keep it all in mind and do my job behind the trigger. i think i picked up the bad habits from point shooting real close and fast where its much easier to make good hits...especially with a 9mm with light recoil you can control easily and shoot quickly and accurately...point shooting at 3-5yds at that range with a 9mm is easy and i can make hits easy so i learned to get lead into the target as quick as possible...which meant not worrying about trigger control it was just getting the rounds off as quick as possible...i think that was the problem was trigger control and probably some anticipation and also loosening the push pull...just gotta focus on every shot and make it count...

my bad hits were never TERRIBLE...never sent 1 off the silhouette target...but if it was a real bad guy hed have a heck of a belly ache lol....