Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
are the combs on stock needed for scoped shotguns >

are the combs on stock needed for scoped shotguns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

are the combs on stock needed for scoped shotguns

Old 01-23-2002, 12:33 PM

Default are the combs on stock needed for scoped shotguns

I am planning on buying a dual purpose shotgun that will be used for turkey and deer. I want the slug barrel to be the type that a scope mounts on. My question is that some of the guns I'm looking at have the dual comb system on the stock to raise your head and others don't. Is this a huge advantage or is it possible to shoot a scoped shotgun without these.
Old 01-23-2002, 04:36 PM

Default RE: are the combs on stock needed for scoped shotguns

it really is 50/50, it depents if oyu like the feeling of it. personally, on a shotgun i like the normal stock...but on a rifle i like the monte carlo style. Sine u will be useing the gun more or less like a rifle it might be beneficial to have it. It mainyly keeps your head in a consisitent spot every time.
Old 01-24-2002, 01:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

personally I prefer the straight stock over a monte-carlo . I have high cheekbones and its just not comfortable to me . I love the way they look and couldn't wait to get one when I was a kid ,then it didn't fit me .I use scopes all the time with no problem not having a monte-carlo stock .
Old 01-24-2002, 10:41 PM

I thought I'd have more opinions on this question. If anybody is shooting a scoped shotgun just let me know if you have anything on the stock to raise your head or are you using just the plain stock. I think the combs are ugly and would rather not have them unless they make shooting a scoped shotgun easier. thanks again.